• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp displays twice in IE 9 when used in an iFrame

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am building an application for a client who needs to be able to control access to their Robohelp content.  I am doing this by displaying the Robohelp content inside of an iframe in another page (ASP.NET).  The problem is the entire Robohelp frameset appears twice. The first time it is all stylized right and the second time, it looks like some of the styles didn't apply. It is really wierd and very frustrating. It doesn't do this in Firefox or Chrome -- just IE.  Anybody have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

QA just discovered this problem in the WebHelp I created in RH9. The help system is also displayed in an iFrame, and the frameset displays twice in IE9. The developers don't really know what to do. And I really don't have a solution. So... I was wondering whether you came upon a fix? And if so, do you mind sharing it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we take it that the help opens correctly if run standalone and the issue is only when the developers but it in an iFrame?

If so, then it's an issue with their work. I don't mean that in an unhelpful way, it's simply it's an issue outside of what we can help with in these forums, unless someone with a developer background is looking in.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter-

From what I can tell, the help displays fine when running stand alone with the major browsers. And it seems to work fine in an iFrame with all major browsers except IE9.

I'm kinda stuck. So I thought I'd give it a shot with this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE9 only or any version of IE?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be in IE9 only. Knock on wood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case I'm sorry but I don't know what to suggest. I wonder if a forum aimed at developers would be of more use to you.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just tested several outputs in an iFrame and it worked fine in all browsers (even IE).

What is the SRC of the help your developers are calling? Perhaps you use a call that makes WebHelp behave unexpected.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Willam-

Thanks for the reply and for looking into matter. I might have to dig deeper into the weeds with a developer. This is getting beyond the realm of my understanding.

I appreciate your efforts, William. Sorry I butchered your name in my original message.

-Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for giving this some thought, Peter. I might have to turn it back over to the developers. I'm waiting to see if that suggestion from another thread (deleting the <frameset> lines at the bottom of the index.htm file) fixed the problem.

-Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp