• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have photoshop CS5 extended and wish to upgrade to CS6 Extended.

New Here ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe release says that this should be possible, but I can only find the student teacher editions.  How do I purchase the Photoshop CS6 Extended as a perpetual license?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perpatual license of Photoshop and other Adobe creative suite software is not avialable to purchase now. You can purchase subscription based software which is creative cloud subscription from : https://creative.adobe.com/plans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Facebook site states the following:

"Thank you for all of your feedback on the latest release of Photoshop. There is some inaccurate information out there, and we want you to know that Photoshop CC may cost less than you think. If you're a Photoshop CS3 or higher customer, Photoshop CC starts as low as $9.99 USD per month for a single-app membership. If you don't want to upgrade, you can still purchase Photoshop CS6 as a perpetual license. "

I would like to purchase CS6 as stated.  How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JatinDembla wrote:

Perpatual license of Photoshop and other Adobe creative software is not avialable to purchase now.

It is still  available to purchase. Just hard to find on the Adobe website.

http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotcom/2013/05/answering-your-questions-about-photoshop-cc.html

Q: Can I still buy a boxed/perpetual version of Photoshop?

A: Photoshop CS6 is still available for purchase as a perpetual software license, via electronic download from Adobe.com and authorized resellers. The Photoshop team will provide bug fixes and security updates for Photoshop CS6 while it is still available for purchase. New features and all the other Creative Cloud services, however, will not be added to Photoshop CS6.

Purchasing link:

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesui...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those links all point to Student/Teacher editions of the software.  I don't think I qualify as a student. Is there another choice, or was the statement quoted above a half-truth? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that's the case, you've probably got a .edu cookie set on your hard drive.

Click the "Not a student or teacher?" link in the RHS sidebar to get normal retail pricing (which is what I see)

adobe-student-teacher-link.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks.  I appreciate that.  I have to admit I was getting pretty frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2013 Dec 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I also have Photoshop cs5 extended. When I check the links posted, I only see full license options. Can I purchase UPGRADE license from cs5 extended to cs6 extended? I have seen options on the web for cs5 to cs6, but not extended. Can I upgrade to that?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2013 Dec 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have since gotten help from Adobe phone support. Go to:

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesui...

Click on the option to "Buy" PS CS6. On that page click on the "I want to buy" button. select "upgrade". click on the button to "I own" to select your existing product. The price will change to the upgrade price. Select "Add to cart" and complete the transactions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines