Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player 11.7.700.169 does not work on Firefox

New Here ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I updated the flash player to the latest version, but can't see any flash videos anymore (blank youtube links on Facebook e.g.). Before I uninstall it and get an older version of the player, I tryed to find an answer to this problems thanks to the threads on the website. Nothing helped.

I checked the version on my computer using http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html, and:

1. I can see the movie with the ball and the message "Flash Player is installed on your system"

2. The box dynamically displays the following information:

Your flash player version is 11.7.700.169

Your OS: Windows XP (32-bit)

Your browser: Mozilla Firefox

For info: Firefox 20.0.1 is installed.

I may not fulfill all the system requirements (but the player used to work until the latest version):

Microsoft XP Pro Version 2002 SP3

Intel Pentium M

processor 1,86 GHz

1,00GB RAM

No windows update available.

In C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash are:

FlashInstall

flashplayer.xpt

FlashPlayerUpdateService

FlashUtil32_11_7_700_169_Plugin

genuinst

KB923789

mms.cfg

NPSWF32_11_7_700_169.dll

plugin.vch

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to say this but from what you have written above, there seems to be no issues with Flash Player installation. Not sure whether it is due to the outdated OS or not fulfilling the system requirements.

With regards,

Prabhu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a possibility of a conflict with your graphics driver; can you check if a newer version is available: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

unfortunately it didn't help.

I updated the driver.Uninstalled Flash player. Restarted. Installed Flash player again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something I have not seen before; you can see the Flash animation on the version page, but not videos.

The only thing I can think of right now is to try the latest Flash Player 11.8 beta: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

no did not work 😕

But it does not matter. Since my laptop is quite old, I decided to buy a new one 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines