• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

neo-cron.xml corruption - anybody knows what might be causing it?

New Here ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm currently researching on why my company's ColdFusion application's neo-cron.xml file occasionally gets wiped out. This issue only happens to certain clients, so we're suspecting that it's an environmental issue and not something (at least not directly) caused by our application. We have recreated this issue occasionally on our internal testing/development environments, and both times it seems that the ColdFusion server is running low on resources (i.e. available memory is running low, processing is nearly reaching 100%, etc.). I have attempted to search elsewhere for possible causes for it, but had no luck. So I'm hoping the Adobe community has some insight into this problem. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've had the neo-cron file corrupt itself a few times on one particular server.

If you open the file is it just blank?

For us, this was caused by a scheduled task that a customer was entering using CFSCHEDULE. I dont know what they did to break it, but break it they did, and continue to do so... I keep a backup and over-write when it happens.

If you have the same type of issue i would be interested in the fix if you ever get one.

Cheers
Luke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Luke,

Can you provide some details on the server specification where the neo-cron file got corrupted (and yep, the file just got wiped out on our servers)? Also, what types of operation does this scheduled task involve? It would be helpful to gather that information so maybe some theory can be made about what type of scheduled task would corrupt the neo-cron file on the server. But the scheduled task of the customer doesn't always corrupt the file, right?

Thanks,

Wai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation