• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing RoboHelp HTML to Letter size paper

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2007 Jan 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've finished my web-based help file. Now I need to print it so that can be reviewed.
Now bearing in mind it's >600 pages I want to make it into a PDF file which I can send to Kinkos (etc) to print.
If I send it to the HP9500 here it does give me the option to 'scale to fit' however I can't find this option if printing to Acrobat.
Any ideas gratefully recieved.
Thanks
Al

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2007 Jan 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a heavy user of Acrobat but if you send the document to Word, the print dialogue gives a resizing option regardless of printer (see the Options button). With that set and then selecting Distiller as the printer, does that turn out the way you want?

If not and unless someone else has another suggestion, maybe the Acrobat forum would be a better place.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2007 Feb 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I've got it to print - looks good - managemant happy. But, and this the odd bit, it creates the DOC files by "chapter" title, so some are small docs, some are big. However - chapter #4 contains the ENTIRE file - so this is HUGE. Now this should just be that chapter (?). It does go on its merry way when #4 is complete - until the final one which it - I assume - is the index (at least that what it looks like), which I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL, as I think 8hrs is a shade excessive. I'm currently leaving the file running on a different PC (using a Trial Version), which has been rumbling on since midday yesterday...
Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the topic on my site about Printed Output. Sounds like there are some layout issues here and / or the use of Master Documents.

I think the trial version has a limit on the number of topics it can handle so that might be another issue.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Peter - I'm getting the same prob. here on this PC with the registered version of RH6, so the # of topics doesn't seem to be the culprit. The Macro settings in Word 2003 are set to low.
I'll have a look at the Master Doc.
Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp