Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with IE8 and FP 11.7.700.169

New Here ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem with a FP installation.

Win7 Enterprise x64

IE 8

FP 11.7.700.169

when I go to youtube it will tell me that i don't have the newest version of FP and shall install it. When I do it, it works until i reboot the computer.

The problem apears only on one Computer, we have others running with the same Software and no problem. I am guessing something might be corrupt

with the regestry or so.

I already tried to uninstall all old versions of FP and reinstall the newest one. But it will not work until I clean the registry from most of the FP entries.

After doing this severell times I recognized that there are 2 keys I cannot delete from the registry. When I try to delete it simply states: unable to delete registry key

The keys look like this:

Localized String     Reg_SZ     @C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil64_11_7_700_169_ActiveX.exe, -101

in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{73C9DFA0-750D-11E1-B0C4-0800200C9A66}

Localized String     Reg_SZ     @C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_11_7_700_169_ActiveX.exe, -101

in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{73C9DFA0-750D-11E1-B0C4-0800200C9A66}

I installed an older version of FP (11.3.xxxx) and it worked for several days but then the message on youtube came again and playing flash videos won't work on any webpage.

I tried to delete this registry entries with regdelnull like i read in one of your threats and i used your uninstaller for FP still no success with FP or deleting those registry entries.

The FlashUtil files do not exist in the folder that is given in the Regkeys.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Any suggestions are much appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you should go and manually delete registry keys.

Try the clean install procedure http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Pat, but I already tried that. Unfortunately with no success.

I think I have to manually delete because even after uninstalling with the official uninstaller the system remembers what version was installed before and then it is not possible to install an older version that will work.

After deleting some keys installing is possible again but then it will work only for a few days although i checked the box which said "never look for update" (or something like that).

kind regards

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please visit this document and follow all the steps properly to uninstall flash player:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Once you are done visit adobe.com to download the latest version of flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello AMreso,

I did everything like the document says. After I install Flashplayer the site:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

recognizes the flashplayerversion and everything. But after a restart of the computer the site above does not show the animation nor the infomation that it showed before.

Everything works fine with google chrome and firefox.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Just a reminder.

Its      Win7 64bit & IE8 32Bit

Thanks & kind regards

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the restart, is the Shockwave Flash object add-on still enabled?

One thing you could try is to reset the IE settings: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resetting the IE didn't help, and the new FP version doesn't work too.

So it seems that the Shockwave Flash object add-on is not available at all for the IE

Thanks & kind regards

Michael

P.S. today I found some info about this kill bit, in the registry the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}" is set to zero. But there are a lot of other "folders" in the
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\" where the value is set to 400 or 10400 or other values. Does this maybe cause my Problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines