Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player does not work with some headphones

New Here ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Setup: Gigabyte M57SLI-S4, Athlon X2 5600+, XP pro 64, Realtek Azalia sound chip, Firefox 20.0.1.4847

Out of the blue my headphones started misbehaving on Youtube. On some channels the commentary was absent while the background music came through loud and clear. Where the commentary was audible, it was distorted, faint or garbled.

On channels where there was no background sound the commentary was normal.

Some channels were absolutely silent.

On other media (VLC player, computer sounds etc) the sound is normal.

All this indicated a software rather than a headphone problem. I reinstalled the drivers (Realtek v5.10.0.6642) as well as Flash player to no avail.

Changing options in Control panel made no improvement.

In desperation, I tried different headphones:...... NORMAL sound on Youtube!

Changed back to original headphones...... problem recurred!

It seems like Realtek senses a minor problem and registers it. Flash reads this and tries to compensate, only making problems worse.

I also installed an old Soundblaster Platinum card and found exactly the same behaviour.

I don't know what malfunction (if any) exists in the headphones.

I'm reporting this in the hope that you may have a solution or may do a bug fix.

Thanks Martin Grove.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some known sound bugs in the current Flash Player release, although your problem sounds quite different.

That known problem will be fixed in the new Flash Player that will be released later this week.  Or you could try the latest Flash Player 11.8 beta: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Some audience members connecting to my Adobe Connect sessions have the same kind of problem. Did the update fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat!

Thank you for following up.

Unfortunately the Flash Player 11.8 beta made no difference.

I tried it on youtube and perversely the ad at the beginning was loud and

clear but the actual video sound was inaudible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I read of a similar headphone issue at https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=169846 experienced by users of Google Chrome.

Looking at the linked bug report, they've been working on it for months, and issued another fix in the latest development release, which you can get at https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/index.html?extra=devchannel#eula. I'd be curious to know if it fixes your problem. Google more tightly integrated flash with chrome, so their fix might work even when other browsers still have problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to bump an old post but I've got a very similar issue.

I have updated flash player and Chrome. I also have Firefox and IE installed and the issue is the same in all browsers. The Volume mixer is all the way up.

Sound plays fine through my speakers.

I plug in my earbuds and everything plays without issue.

I plug in a pair of Califone CA-2 headphones and suddenly there's no flash volume (or maybe like 1% because I can VERY faintly hear something). I can hear system sounds. I can hear mp3s playing through foobar. But no Flash sound.

If I plug in the earbuds, suddenly the sound is back.

This is such a bizarre issue. Any ideas? I tried google but couldn't find anything.

I'd appreciate any help the community could offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines