• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Flash Player install McAfee software?

New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed today Flash on my Windows PC. I opened the installer, chose "Notify me of all updates" and pressed install. The following progress bar showed not only the progress of the Flash installation but also the progress of some McAfee software installation. I couldn't reject it in an way. I had to uninstall it once it finished.

So my question is clear: Why? I don't want McAfee, I should be able to tell the installer "don't install McAfee". What if I had a limited broadband connection (3G, for example)? What if McAfee broke my antivirus installation? Is Adobe or McAfee going to be responsible if anything goes bad because of that bundle installation?

This is terrible user experience. The only thing you've achieved is my bad impression of both business, so I'll purchase/download as little as I can of any of you.

Congratulations.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is a bunch of bullcrap that is still happening in 2019. Every time I get weak and consider installing flash I get to the download page and those options are automatically selected and I say "NOPE" and leave post haste. I don't need flash bad enough to risk installing other spyware/crapware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines