Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Straighten a clip?

New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new PE11 (Mac) user here! 

How can I straighten a clip that was recorded slightly tilted off center (tripod issue)?

Thanks!

Don in Chicagoland

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upper right corner, applied effects, motion.  In there you have position, size, rotation choices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on my third version of PrE, took the study of it seriously and had no idea that was there!  Where do I send your hero award?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to belabor the point.....

Can you select just a portion of a clip to straighten, using the method posted here?  I have a long 8 minute clip that has about 5 minutes of slightly tilted video....don't want to de-straighten the portions of the clip (before and after the crooked part) that are already straight.

Purchased a new fluid pan and tilt tripod to alleviate this issue (old tripod purchased decades ago).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don,

You can use the Scissors Tool (or can Cut the Clip on the Timeline, at the location of the CTI - Current Timeline Indicator), and then apply the Rotation Effect to just that portion of the original Clip.

Note: when one does apply Rotation, they will likely need to also Scale up the Clip, to fill the Project's Frame. If this causes discontinuity, you might want to consider adding a Cross-Dissolve over those Cuts.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

I am going through Steve's 8 part basic training, and just learned how to cut a clip...makes sense for straightening just the part of the clip that is off center. 

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Purchased the Classroom in a Book, and will check out Steve's tutorials.  Downloaded the user guide, but most searches don't offer the results I am looking for. 

Cheers,

Don in Chicagoland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don,

I have that book too.  I am of the strong opinion that learning computer programs is far more efficient, and time saving, to see demos on you own computer.  The common term is "video tutorial".   You can read about how to write books but you have to see how to edit video!

After watching Steve's free basic PrE11 training, go to Lynda.com and take Steve's far more thorough training program.   You will see how all of it works on your computer screen. 

If you can't connect to the internet, like on long airline flights, similar courses are on DVDs from video2brain that can be purchased from Adobe:  http://www.adobepress.com/store/introduction-to-adobe-premiere-elements-11-learn-by-9780321898357

Books for computer learning don't work because it takes too time to read static information and transfer that to the screen.  I wasted months trying to learn PrE from books. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines