• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with bullets

Participant ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often I find that bullets need to be the last thing I do in formatting content in my projects. It seems that if you bullet items before your done adding links or drop downs, those links and drop downs have a tendency not to work. Remove the bullets and then all those bells and whistles work again. Adding the bullets back at that point seems to be a standard practice for me now or a troubleshooting tactic when content misbehaves. If I am getting really frustrated because I can't add some DHTML drop down or make an image map that pops at a specific size and location... I take out the bullets.

Is this a bug? I never had to do this with other programs that format text and that can add bullets.

EXAMPLE:

Because of the bullets in the content below I could not image map the menu bar in the attached image and have a picture appear in a sized pop-up box showing the underneath contents should the operator pick it. Like the first menu item SETTINGS should show this but doesn't till I remove the bullets:

Settings200.jpgUntitled-1.jpgThe red squares are where I put the image maps for the user to further explore the software without having the software.

INSTRUMENT INTERFACE -

The Instrument Interface is where the user directs the Tracker to measure. Instrument-Interface4.jpg

The user wishing to bring in an instrument to a job file uses Instrument>Add on the menu bar. The operator has a few options available when adding the instrument:

• Automated - SA automatically chooses the correct instrument and it's parameter settings to add from previous times opened,

• Manual - The user is directed to select the proper instrument from a list and then run the Instrument Interface.

• Simulated - In order to get some screen shot images or run an accuracy test without a real instrument connected, the user can operate the software, simulating a connected instrument

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved this thread as it relates to topic production rather than the output.

When you create the link from the image you simply select a topic. Are you saying that if the target topic contains bullets, the link does not work? Sorry but I am struggling a bit to follow, not least because of the large font that means scrolling up and down to read the problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the font.

I am not sure why it happens, sometimes it appears that if the bullets are part of the content containing the image map I have a problem linking with custome sized pop ups, other times if the pop up is text and contains bullets some other oddity happens. It is only after I remove bullets fix my maps or text and then re bullet that things work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean if the image map is in a list, correct?

If yes, then create an indented style so that the image is in line with the list items but in fact it is not.

If not, add a screenshot showing that shows more of the page.

What version of Rh? (Always include that in new threads)

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-2.jpg

Sometimes the image is in a list, if it is though, the bullet is deleted for it. I never bullet images. I never indent images either, just center justify or place in a table cell to help with locating it next to text. The above example has a center justified image and image map (linked to user specified sized pop-up images) inside a paragraph that contains a bulleted list. The large image contains the image map and the small image is one of the pop-ups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a project that was originally created in Rh7 or earlier?

Rh8 changed to XHTML which is stricter. I am wondering if things would be better if you went to Tools > Options and checked the setting Convert to ... HTML.

Try that anyway.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have always used 9 in the TCS3.5. Just checked that setting and it is set to convert to HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can recreate this in a new demo project and send it to me with step by step instructions on how to create the problem, I will take a look. From what you have described, I cannot see why this is happening.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp