• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid Launch Image in Flash Builder 4.6

New Here ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been making updates and releases to my iPad app for the last several months, but just recently, I started receiving this email back from Apple:

iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement - Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5. As of May 1, all new iPhone apps and app updates submitted must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5. All           apps must include a launch image of the appropriate size. Learn more about iPhone 5 support by reviewing the iOS Human Interface Guidelines.

I've been googling this for a while, and have tried adding  Default.png (320x480), Default-586h.png (640x960), and Default-586h@2x.png (640x960) files to the root directory and made sure they were being compiled into the .ipa file.  With the Default-586h@2x.png file, I received an additional error in the nastygram from Apple:

Invalid Launch Image - Your app contains a launch image with a size modifier that is only supported for apps built with the iOS 6.0 SDK or later.

So I took out the @2X file and it still failed.  Now, my app isn't even intended for the iPhone5, it's intended for the iPad.  What can I do to make them happy so I can keep making releases?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out.  I had to update Flash Builder to use Air SDK 3.7. 

It would be awesome if Adobe was more proactive with warning their customers about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are the errors tackled with this post:

• iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement - Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5. As of May 1, all new iPhone apps and app updates submitted must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5. All apps must include a launch image with the -568h size modifier immediately following the <basename> portion of the launch image's filename. Launch images must be PNG files and located at the top-level of your bundle, or provided within each .lproj folder if you localize your launch images. Learn more about iPhone 5 support and app launch images by reviewing the iOS Human Interface Guidelines and iOS App Programming Guide.
  • Invalid Launch Image - Your app contains a launch image with a size modifier that is only supported for apps built with the iOS 6.0 SDK or later.
  • Non-PIE Binary - The executable 'C-Print Mobile.app' is not a Position Independent Executable. Please ensure that your build settings are configured to create PIE executables. For more information, refer to Technical Q&A QA1788 - Building a Position Independent Executable

I followed these steps to get my app .ipa to the point where Apple would accept it:

• Download the latest AIR SDK. My Flash Builder was using the AIR SDK 3.6. From within Flash Builder I clicked "Check for updates..." and Flash Builder said it was up-to-date. BUT when checked the AIR SDK website, there in fact was a newer version. So you may need to update, even if Flash Builder says otherwise. To check, go to Windows -> Preferences -> Installed AIR SDKs. If you have AIR SDK 3.6 or less, you need to update.
  • Reference the correct version in your app.xml file.
  • Include a splash screen image called Default-568h@2x.png in the top-most level of your source. This file must be 640x1136 (width x height), and is required for iPhone 5 devices.
  • Read the following forum thread about the Non-PIE Binary issue. As of this writing, it is being regarded as "not a big deal", but Apple may become more strict about this in the future.

Best of luck. If these steps work for you, let me, and others, know here in the forums!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines