• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to connect to Creative Cloud .... what is going on?

May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having issues logging in to Creative Cloud?  I cannot access via AAM or https://creative.adobe.com/.  AAM just gives me an error that it cannot contact Adobe, and the web portal just clocks.

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Here's an explanation for the instability, just posted:

Update on Creative Cloud Connection and file sync preview

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/update-on-creative-cloud-connection-and-file-sync-preview

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 133 Replies 133
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bjzdesign,

Did you get the issue resolved?

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot connect to th Adobe Creative Cloud on either of my machines to sync files tonight. It has been out for a few hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently having issue right now with the file hosting portion of Creative Cloud. Once its fixed the warning box will be removed from https://creative.adobe.com/

You should still be able to install products using Adobe Application Manager though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vijay Kanna : Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Vijay Kanna : Hi Mike.

Vijay Kanna : Please allow me a moment while I  review your request.

Mike Stiglianese: Hi, I'm having trouble updating CC

Vijay Kanna : Okay.

Mike Stiglianese: I have a message popping up every 5 seconds that says Adobe Creative Cloud Connection Unable to sync files. I'm using Mac OSX 8.3

Vijay Kanna : I have read your request.

Vijay Kanna : Let me check how best I can help you with this issue.

Mike Stiglianese: If I try to UNINSTALL Creative Cloud, it won't let me because application manager is running.

Vijay Kanna : Please allow me a moment to check with my resources and help you.

Mike Stiglianese: This all started when I tried to update Creative Cloud Connection yesterday. It wouldn't update because it thought CCC was running... but it wasn't.

Vijay Kanna : Mike, I have sent this request to check what the error can be. However, may I have the order number to check and help you?

Mike Stiglianese: What order number? I've been running ACC for about a month now. This isn't a new order.

Vijay Kanna : Yes, I am referring to the main order number that was issued at the time of purchase.

Vijay Kanna : Please login to the adobe account and check for the order number in your account under "my orders" tab.

Vijay Kanna : Also try the process of updating the credit card information using a different browser and check if you still get this same error.

Mike Stiglianese: What are you talking about. The problem has nothing to do with the browser.

Mike Stiglianese: How do I sign into the account?

Vijay Kanna : Mike, the billing information was successfully updated by few of our customers when they tried to use a different browser.

Vijay Kanna : Which is why I suggested you to try using a different browser to update the credit card info.

Mike Stiglianese: Okay, I opened Safari. How do I get into the account?

Vijay Kanna : Login to your adobe account at the sign page and follow the information provided in the below link.

Vijay Kanna : Please click here.

Vijay Kanna : Click on the above link and choose "I want to change the credit card on my account".

Vijay Kanna : Follow the instructions from the link there.

Mike Stiglianese: This has already been successfully billed to my CC. It just showed up this month.

Mike Stiglianese: The Edit payment info says "We're sorry, something seems to be wrong on our end. Please try again later."

Mike Stiglianese: It says that the last transaction was April 30, 2013 and shows it paid. It says the next payment date is May 30, 2013. So what does this have to do with the fact that this window keeps popping up and telling me that ACCC is Unable to sync files?

Vijay Kanna : Mike, I checked with my resources and see that adobe is aware of this error which is displayed on the creative cloud site.

Vijay Kanna : Adobe IT team is working on this error and will soon get this error resolved and you will then be able to use the service normally.

Mike Stiglianese: What do I do in the meantime to keep this annoying error message from popping up every 5 seconds?

Vijay Kanna : Mike, this is what adobe is currently working on to resolve for Creative cloud users.

Vijay Kanna : Please close the application and check after few hours and get back to us if you still get same error so that we can check and help you with the then update provided to us with regard to this error you are facing.

Mike Stiglianese: I don't have any Creative Cloud applications open! If I choose "Force Quit

Mike Stiglianese: If I choose "Force Quit" under the apple menu, the only things running are Firefox, Mail, and Finder! ...yet the error message keeps popping up and closing every 5 seconds.

Mike Stiglianese: This isn't a matter of "a few hours". As I said, this has been going on since yesterday.

Vijay Kanna : Mike, the technical chat support team is offline now. Which is why I suggested you to check after few hours and get back to us for assistance.

Vijay Kanna : I would like to inform you that we are  from the general customer support team and have not been trained on resolving technical issues with the software.

Mike Stiglianese: Terrific!

Vijay Kanna : The technical chat and phone support are available Monday-Friday, 5am-7pm PST.

Vijay Kanna : You can re-start the computer and check if this error that pops-up stops.

Mike Stiglianese: I've done that several times.

Vijay Kanna : In this case please contact us back tomorrow between 5am-7pm PST so that we can check and get you transferred to our technical chat support for help.

Mike Stiglianese: I'm not here between 5am and 7pm PST. So do I have to endure this forever?

Vijay Kanna : Mike, to get this issue resolved you will need to get in touch with our technical chat support team or the phone support team when they are available.

Mike Stiglianese: So nothing can be done at a time when I'M available?

Vijay Kanna : I apologize, Mike. Like I said you will need to be assisted by our technical chat or phone support team for such errors as you say that you are experiencing this issue from yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing a warning box, and sync still isn't working. The page at http://status.creativecloud.com/stormcloud/stormwatch/pulse says (under summary status) that everything including sync is live.

I haven't been able to sync files for around a week now except for a very brief window yesterday night. Is this working reliably for anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent the last hour trying to get it working.  The rep finally told me that he needed to get info to send to escalate and "senior technicians will be contacting you with a solution".

I turned off sync, turned on sync; quit the Connection, restarted it; uninstalled and reinstalled it.  Nothing seems to be working for this.  Frankly, I'm disappointed.  I spent time last week on a board being called a 'shill' and a 'Adobe apologist' for saying that the upcoming CC might not be as bad as some people thought, and now this breakage is showing that I might be wrong in my support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to login to CC today as well.

Any word whether there is an ongoing problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently having issue right now with the file hosting portion of Creative Cloud. Once its fixed the warning box will be removed from https://creative.adobe.com/

You should still be able to install products using Adobe Application Manager though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why so secretive on this issue!  Can't you just issue a mass email to all cloud participates and let them know what's going on?  It's been like this for two days now!  Let's get with it Adobe!

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved this. Force close creative cloud connection from the activity monitor http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/error-close-following-applications-continue.html

Then you will be able to update creative cloud connection from the application manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent an hour and a half with Adobe online chat and then telephone support.

I forced quit the CCC from Activity Monitor. But my CCC in Application Manager is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this, but it didn't work for me.  I still get the message "Unable to connect to the Creative Cloud" message in the drop down menu.  In my menu bar (Mac OSX 10.8.3) the Creative Cloud is greyed out.

Thanks anyway!

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my menu bar is also Creative cloud greyed out. Turn sync off, and then on. Then it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turned sync off, then on. Didn't work. Reinstalled software. Didn't work. Restarted computer. Reinstalled software. Turned sync off and then on. Didn't work.

Forced quit Acitivity Monitor Adobe Creative Cloud Connection. Reinstalled software. Restarted computer. Turned sync off and then on. Didn't work.

Any other ideas that should work but don't? Sorry for the sarcasm but it's been a stupid afternoon/evening yesterday and a stupider one this morning trying to get it to work.

It took 15 minutes just for an online rep to get me the actual phone number for tech support and not sales.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandee same thing happened to me ...!   Adobe, get with it!  This definitely isn't doing you any good on the already hated Creative Cloud!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working and I have to wait 33minutes to chat with someone????  Who do I need to talk to for a friggin' refund.  This is ridiculous.  We have an office of 5 or 6 machines that can't connect!!!  Adobe is FAILING miserably!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no warning box on https://creative.adobe.com and it is still not possible to sync files. Additionally status.creativecloud.com claims everything is fine, which it is not.

This is getting REALLY REALLY old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are apparently many of us with issues regarding access to our assets stored on Creative Cloud. These canned answers are not helpful. I have been unable to retrieve files for 24 hours. My local Creative Cloud folder also went empty 24 hours ago. You folks have to know who is affected - why hasn't there been an email or some other communication. This is not a small issue if the only placed you saved a file was to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really respect your comments about how you were treated like a "shill" and an Adobe apologist.

I have a rather wide-spread reputation about InDesign but this CCC problem is making me feel very disappointed about Adobe's switch to the cloud.

I know there are glitches in new software. But it doesn't feel like this has been beta tested enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've the same problem... unable to sync since the last update. I reinstalled the application Creative Cloud Connection several times but the problem is still present: the connection is not established, if I disconnect and then reconnect my connection is established, but the synchronization is not done. ... back to Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still can't sign in. Adobe, this is an absolute fail on your part. If I can't trust that I'll be able to access work saved to the cloud I simply won't use it, and neither will most creatives I know. We work in an enviroment where fast turn arounds are part of the job and being able to access work at any and all times is essential. I mean, not even an email blast to let customers know there's an issue and it's being worked on, and maybe don't save important files to the CC and expect the service to work? You have our email address!!! I don't care that new software has bugs, if I can't rely on it I WON'T USE IT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be a little naive on this but are your working files being saved only to CC?? Do you have the option to save to your own server or computer?? I don't think it is neccessary to be synced to CC in order to run the software, or am I missing something??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running the software isn't the issue. I saved working files to the Creative Cloud  in order to pull them up and work on them on my home computer, which of course couldn't connect. It's my fault for not saving them onto a memory stick and using that as a backup. But that begs the question - if I have to do that everytime anyway as a failsafe, why would I use the Creative Cloud service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines