• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player not loading websites like pandora or memrise

New Here ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On those websites, the flash player just continues to load until the website times out. I've done the pandora troubleshooting, and I've reinstalled the flash player multiple times. The only thing that worked for awhile was uninstalling and reinstalling chrome. However, if I happened to close chrome, it would not work the next time I started chrome. I have no idea why. I tried firefox and internet explorer and went through the adobe page on proper installation for them as well. I've deleted all cache data, and changed my settings in chrome to clear browsing data, I disabled ad block, I have plugins set to run automatically, I have memrise and pandora allowed in the pop up blocker.

Here is the plugin information from chrome:

Adobe Flash Player (2 files) - Version: 11.7.700.179

Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700

I also tried disabling my avg and spybot from running too, but that didn't work either.

I also tried running chrome as administrator.

I restarted my computer multiple times while attempting to fix this.

I cannot think of anything else to do.

Please help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 just updated (5/14/2013) and now flash works!

Huzzah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon about the windows 7 update working. It is currently not working again. Anyone have any ideas? Please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to update Flash Player as well?

If you still have problems, can you provide a link to the sites you have problems with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated it just now, and still nothing.  http://www.memrise.com/home/ http://www.pandora.com/

Websites like youtube work, its just these two websites that don't for me.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot access these sites; one requires me to login, the other says that they don't allow visitors from outside of the US.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this identical problem here in June of '14..still!  Whassup?

Has anyone figured out the remedy for this problem:  Pandora.com does not open but keeps grinding away before advising "its taking longer than expected to fetch the next song", then suggesting a reload of the browser or click to see help page which isn't very helpful.  BTW - it never gets to the Sign In page.

I am on a Mac - 10.6.8 and following Mike M's instructions on a "clean install" of Flash but that hasn't changed the outcome.

I see lots of much older posts on this probelm but no solution.  Thanks for any guidance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Install Flash...", nope...enable Shockwave.

My experience is my own, but this may work for you.

Opening Pandora in Chrome a link to download Flash v10 or higher appears. Huh? It worked last week before I re-installed and slimmed down the add-ons/bloatware on my laptop. Turned off and allowed EVERYTHING including plug-ins like Pandora suggests as a test. Still nothing. Tried again but on a whim instead of allowing all plug-ins, I clicked "disable individual plug-ins" and found my post-install slimming last week wasn't being reset on the previous page so incrementally I re-allowed each one individually and found allowing the Shockwave add-in fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried just about everything.  New installation of Chrome, new install of flash, all plug ins off, all plug in on and nothing works.  I am on A Mac.  I have tried it on both my laptop running El Capitan 10.11 and my desktop running Yosemite and nothing works.  I have basically given up on Pandora AND Flash.  Flash is nothing more than a royal pain that crashes and uses a lot of resources.  I have uninstalled and given up on Flash.  If the site uses flash, I send them a message that I can not view their site and will not be able to until their switch to HTML5.  There is no reason for any site to use Flash anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines