Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I mute parts of my video?

May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to mute certain parts of my video in Adobe Premiere Elements 11. I am able to reduce the decidels using the Audio Mixer, but I want to be able to just mute certain parts rather than constantly drag the pointer up and down. Is there anyway I can do this? I thought by clicking on the mute box, on parts I wanted to mute, it would work but that doesn't seem to be the case.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David682

I would think that you might want to use the Audio Mixer for this with its keyframing of the Volume or the lesser doing the keyframing of the Volume yourself in the Volume panel of Adjust Tab/Adjustments/Volume.

But one approach might be to cut the footage at the start and end of the audio area to be muted and, with the clip section selected, go to Adjust Tab/Adjustments/Volume and move the slide to the left to mute the audio for the segment.

There is also a command to delete audio only or delete video only for your video audio linked clip on the Timeline.

Have you tried the above? Do you need details on unlinking and linking audio linked to video?

Please review and let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to the forum.

There are several ways to attenuate Volume, or Gain, in Audio. This article covers several of them: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3472343#3472343

When using the Audio Mixer, one is basically automating the attenuation via Keyframes over time, where if one manually attenuates via the Volume Effect (Fixed and automatically added to each Audio Clip), they can also manually Keyframe the attenuation changes over time.

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines