• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't access CF Admin after applying hotfix APSB13-13??

New Here ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, I applied recommended hotfix APSB13-13.  Today, I can't get into my CF Admin panel.  I'm receiving a HTTP Error 500.0.

I'm assuming this is an IIS issue related to a new DenyUrlSequence, but I can't find the solution anywhere.  I've confirmed that, in my web.config file at the web root, I have an entry removing the DenyUrlSequence, which SHOULD allow the local machine to access the CFIDE/administrator folder.

1) Can anyone help me pinpoint the problem OR

2) Can anyone tell me how to roll back the hotfix, so I can start over?

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this issue too today.

Hopefully you made the backups that they tell you to.

Go and check your version.  Check to see if your running 9.0.1 or 9.0.2.  From there, make sure you install the right hot fix.

To roll back, you will need to restore your cfide folder that it told you to back.

You will need to restore the /lib folder that it told you to backup.

I had 9.0.1 and I was installing the 9.0.2.  I didnt realize that 9.0.2 wasn't a "hot fix update" and it was the cf without solr version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, thank you so much for the reply.

I am running 9.02 and did the proper hotfix for my version, so check that box.

I did backup the CFIDE folder and have restored it.  To no avail.  I did NOT backup my lib folder unfortunately (no clue why I did one and not the other).  When I open my lib\updates folder, I see two .jar files (hf902-00003 and hf902-00005).  Maybe that's my issue?  I'm trying to remove them and start over, but it's telling me that the files can't be deleted because they are open in jrun.exe.  Do I have to stop my App Server to remove them?

Good news is, all my sites are running just fine, so this isn't an emergency, but eventually I'll need access to the Admin panel.

Thanks again for the help.  Really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to shut the CF service down before moving any of the files.

The 2 hot fix files in the folder may be the issue.

I found this page very helpful:

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2011/10/21/why_chfs_may_break

I was initially confused...  they have cf 9.0.1 and cf 9.0.2... they both get the same hot fixes, but even their hot fixes are numbered different... 9.0.1 is up to 10, and 9.0.2 is up to 5.

I was actually behind on a number of fixes, so I updated with the CHF, restarted, and updated each incremental hot fix.

I was installing them in my sleep after the 1st one.

I was in the same situation with working sites but inaccessible administrator....

However, you will need the administrator next week when they start releasing more security holes!  (just kidding, maybe not... I love CF, but since version 4.0, never seen so many fixes come out back to back).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep!  found that page also.  I'll shut her down and try removing the .jar files.  Leaving for the day, but I'll be back at it in the morning.  I'll let everyone know how it turns out.   THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm back in business.

1) Restored CFIDE to backup

2) Shut down the app server

3) Removed all .jar files from lib\updates\

4) Applied the hotfix again from scratch

5) Good to go.

Lesson learned.  Backup CFIDE and lib folder before applying hotfix and follow instructions very carefully.  I think I manually put the 0005.jar file in lib/updates/ instead of allowing the CF admin to do it as instructed.

Thank you so much for your time and advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked!

I took the approach of making a "backup" folder inside lib\updates and moving the old files in there (for quick access) and to keep a history of all the updates I have ran.

For CFIDE, I just right clicked the folder and created a rar file archive of for each update with a descriptive name so that I wouldnt have to go for a backup.

I havent experimented myself, but probably having the 2 jar files in the folder at once during startup may have caused your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation