• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know how to localize a RoboHelp 10 project?

May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project in English that I need to translate to French Canadian. After sending the English files off for translation, is it best to import the translated into a separate project with French Canadian as the selected language in Project Settings, or to create a French Canadian project within the original project? I have not been able to figure out how to do the latter. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using an agency that works with Rh, they should send you back a translated project. Next upgrade you send them the latest version in English, their database tells them what has changed and they just translate that and send back another French project.

There are several threads on translation that will give you useful information and useful links. Try those and speak to your agency, if they work with Rh.

In particular search for Ben Minson's article. Post back if you cannot find it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a current thread on translation with useful links, including the one to Ben's article.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5326154?tstart=0#5326154

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

Not sure how to respond on the forum, but I read Ben’s article and found it very helpful. I am working in RoboHelp 10, so I need to go through a little trial and error to tweak the instructions. I am working with a translation service and developers to come up with best, good and acceptable practices for a few different scenarios.

Thank you,

Barbara Clemmer-Dunn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp