• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS X - Adobe Flash Player for other browser not working!

New Here ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to play cinema gamemode in gmod but it keeps saying "Flash Not Detected". From the cinema gamemode it told me to go to this page for Adobe Flash Player for other browsers (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/) I selected my OS and the Version to download. After, it listed the supported browsers so I think it wasn't the right page. Other people got this working on their computer. I downloaded the installer and I installed it. I restarted gmod and Steam then tried it agian. After, still the same! Help I want to get this software for my mac.

I am running Mac OS X 10.8.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are most certainly not alone. still trying to find a fix myself...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2013 Sep 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple released 10.8.5 Wednesday, I just updated today. That probably doesn't have any impact on this, though.

See: How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

Unless you are seeing a "Plugin blocked" error, that should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just tring to find a way to watch videos on god but now YouTube has a new Layout for the page that's really  f***** up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. I update all browsers (Firefox, Safari) and have installed and re-installed Flash several times. Seems that Adobe is not working out the kinks for their updates. I'm beyond frustrated. I also receive messages that Flash needs to be updated several times a day. I've uninstalled it, reinstalled it, nothing works. If Adobe can't fix the bug, I'll try to find a workaround and keep Flash off my system (Mac Airbook, 2014, OS 10.8.3).

Seriously frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From where you are trying to install Adobe Flash player?

We have released a latest version of Flash Player 17.0.0.169 last tuesday which you can download and install for any browser (except chrome) by visiting http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer from that particular browser.

Or you can also try to install using over offline installer posted on Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac under "Still having problems" section at the bottom of the page.

Let us know if you still face any issue.

-Varun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it did not work it just brang me somewhere i downloaded a million times FIX UR FRIKIN PLUGIN MATE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been an issue with Gmod Cinema for a long time, since back in 2012. What you are looking for would be:

- Adobe "Other Browsers" for Mac

I'm sorry to inform you but it does not exist for Mac users and it never has. As part of Window's installation, it comes built in with their system. It is a shame that us Mac users can't. If you find an alternative, make sure to let us know, I would be eager to test it out too.

- James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines