• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Silent auto update requires admin privileges

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I have read the silent auto update feature is supposed to use the system account so the user can be a non-admin and it will still silently update in the background. However the users are getting the following error message popping up:

Adobe Flash Player 11.7 Installer

The installation encountered errors:

You must have administrative privileges to install Adobe Flash Player. Please log on with administrative priveleges and try again.

I configured the mms.cfg file as follows:

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=1

AutoUpdateDisable=0

Any ideas why this is happening? Would like a way to have it silently auto update to latest flash version even if user is non admin, since all our users run in this capacity. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

So I figured out what is happening. Silent Updater creates a scheduled task, however task scheduler has been disabled on all our PCs. That's why silent updater wasnt working, and was instead just using the standard update check. You can close this case. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens when updating from what version to what version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They currently have version 11.7.700.169 and I would assume it's trying to update to the latest version which is 11.7.700.202.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I just rebooted my own machine that had the same settings, except I am an admin on mine, and instead of silently updating, the updater window popped up prompting me to click the install button to update. It seems the "silent" part is not working. What am I doing wrong? Is there something else I need to do besides configuring the mms.cfg file as I noted above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something the Adobe team will have to look at; silent background update should not require administrative privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As my last post pointed out, it looks like it's using a regular updater instead of the silent one. Any ideas on why it's not using silent mode even though I configured the mms.cfg file as follows:

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=1

AutoUpdateDisable=0

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I figured out what is happening. Silent Updater creates a scheduled task, however task scheduler has been disabled on all our PCs. That's why silent updater wasnt working, and was instead just using the standard update check. You can close this case. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback; good to know what caused it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines