• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Device appears to be offline. Restarting the device may fix the problem.

Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Flash Builder 4.7 and Flex SDK 4.6 with AIR SDK 3.6 after my Google Nexus 10 upgraded to Android 4.2.2 I now get this error when attempting to launch to the device from Flash Builder:

Device appears to be offline. Restarting the device may fix the problem.

It showed Adobe AIR as Not Installed so I uninstalled it from the device and that didn't fix anything. I have tried everything. Rebooting the device. Rebooting Flash Builder. Rebooting Windows. Nothing helps.

Anyone know how to fix this?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 17, 2013 Feb 17, 2013

Same boat,

from <android_fresh_updated_sdk>\android-sdk\platform-tools

copy theses files : aapt.exe, adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll and dx.jar (under lib rep)

and paste into <flex_Sdk-Air3.6>\lib\android\bin

To check, tape in cmd

$ adb.exe version, you should have 1.0.31 instead of 1.0.26

Voilà!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you enabled developer access on the device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It was enabled before the update and working fine when lauching from Flash Builder with 4.2.1 installed. I checked after the update and everything seems to be enabled on the device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem with my nexus 7. 4.2.2 seems to protect a little more USB debugging ( http://www.androidcentral.com/semi-pro-tip-android-422-here-your-android-sdk-might-need-updating )

But even with updated android SDK (and accepting the RSA key on my nexus), flash builder still fail to connect ... I guess we need a patch on flash builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That definitely seems like the culprit - hopefully this is patched/fixed very soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2013 Feb 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can verify Danakh's issue on a galaxy nexus with 4.2.2. On a Mac, the updated adb and aapt allow me to access the device over usb and install applications, but everytime I build a mobile application, Flash Builder appears to start an out-of-date adb server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to this.

For Flash Develop 4.3.0RTM

I had to also copy abd and dlls into the folder

FlashDevelop/Tools/android/platform-tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2013 Feb 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same boat,

from <android_fresh_updated_sdk>\android-sdk\platform-tools

copy theses files : aapt.exe, adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll and dx.jar (under lib rep)

and paste into <flex_Sdk-Air3.6>\lib\android\bin

To check, tape in cmd

$ adb.exe version, you should have 1.0.31 instead of 1.0.26

Voilà!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it! Thank you. Hopefully they will release a new AIR SDK with the proper files soon to make this easier for everyone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow just got 4.2.2 on my GNex and here I am too running into this. Really hope Adobe gets a fix out asap.

edit:

@ethierse Thank you for saving the day. I seriously don't know what I wouldn't done today if you didnt post that fix. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ethierse actually, i thought i had it fixed with what your post suggested. But now I keep getting "dx tool failed"

im on mac 10.7.5 and everything worked 100% before i updated my GNex to 4.2.2 today

how can i get past this?

edit SOLVED: ok what I had to do is keep my OLD dx.jar file. All I had to do to get this working on my mac was copy over the aapt file and adb file. maybe things are different on mac. hope this helps others out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is android_fresh_updated_sdk and where do I get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the SDK here : http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

(select existting IDE)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2013 Mar 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also recently happened first with my Nexus 10 then with the Galaxy Nexus so I had to fix it, was on Windows, for me the location specified didn't work out.  I searched for adb.exe elsewhere and found another directory containing it where I replaced the mentioned files.  On my system the folder was:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722\AIRSDK\lib\android\bin"

Just to make note, the first place that I had tried but didn't work out was:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\sdks\4.6.0\lib\android\bin"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On MAC,

copy

android-sdk-macosx/build-tools/17.0.0/aapt

and

android-sdk-macosx/platform-tools/adb

into

/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/eclipse/plugins/com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722/AIRSDK/lib/android/bin

You should be replacing old versions of aapt and adb in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2014 Aug 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It helped me. FB 4.7 was using the AIR SDK from the eclipse plugin and I pasted the files in sdk 4.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just download latest Android SDK from google and replace below files in Adobe Flash Builder bin folder. You can search and find folder location and replace below mention latest files in same folder.

aapt.exe

adb.exe

AdbWinApi.dll

AdbWinUsbApi.dll

dx.jar

Original post - Re: Android Kitkat 4.4.2 showing offline in Adobe Flash Builder 4.6 & 4.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where's a good spot to get the right versions of those files from off the Internet?  I didn't have them on my computer, and when I tried to use the Android SDK Manager, the versions I installed didn't appear to fix it.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replacing adb, aapt, and dx.jar from latest sdk worked for me on Mac OSX, FB 4.6, Google/Asus Nexus 7 tablet running Jellybean 4.2.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me in FB 4.5 using the 3.4 SDK.

Nice one thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac, Flash Builder 4.6

the destination folder to copy aapt, adb and dx.jar files is located at

/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.6/sdks/4.6.0/lib/android/bin

The solution worked for me by downloading the latest sdk bundle from android and copying the above mentioned files to the destination folder. So thanks guys for all the help.

Cheers !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I'm running into the same exact problem. I cannot get it to work with the fix above.

I'm running windows 7, Flash Builder 4.7, and did a fresh install of the Android SDK. I'm trying to use my Samsung Galaxy 3 as the debugging device. It has Android 4.3 as well as Air installed. Debugging is on and drivers installed.

I copied the following files.

From C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools     adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll    

From C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\19.0.1     aapt.exe

From C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\19.0.1\lib     dx.jar

To C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722\AIRSDK\lib\android\bin

I still get the error below. Any other suggestions would be REALLY appreciated. This is really a pain in the rump. Thanks.

notConnected.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cporterAlleni

1- Did you updated android-sdk before to copy ?

2- if you tape : $ C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722\AIRSDK\lib \android\bin\adb.exe version 

What number version do you get?

3- if you tape : $ C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flash.compiler_4.7.0.349722\AIRSDK\lib \android\bin\adb.exe devices

Do you get the id of the conntected device ?

4-About the Samsung Galaxy 3, did you install the proper driver to connect with adb ? Did you follow these instructions at

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/mobileapps/WSa8161994b114d624-33657d5912b7ab2d73b-7fdf.html

1. Plug the device into a USB port of your computer. Windows informs you that it cannot find the driver.
  2. Using the Windows Device Manager, open the Details tab of the device properties.
  3. Select the Hardware IDs property to view the hardware ID.
  4. etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the hints  .....

I tried others solutions posted but didn't worked .

I Just only copied the adb.exe toC:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64 Bit)\sdks\4.6.0\lib\android\bin and it worked for me, but i had to reinstall flashbuilder before.

working on Windows 7 sp1

Flash Builder 4.7

4g ram

Intel Core2Duo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi hpmad‌,

I hope you have enabled developer mode in your device and also allowed USB debugging for the computer (the dialog that appears when device is connected to the computer)

You can also try to install latest USB driver for the phone you are using.

- Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines