• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop front end editing of web apps from creating duplicates

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to my issue of the month haha.. Can't wait to be the person solving them for other partners for once.

Anyway! The issue that we're coming up with today is when a customer edits a web app they've submitted previously, instead of editing it, it is creating a duplicate web app and I'm certain this wasn't happening yesterday.

In the edit template we have placed a copy of the "submit a web app form" and this had seemed to be working fine until now.

The only change I can think of is that I've used javascript to auto generate the ItemName, we have hidden the ItemName so it can't be changed accidently though.

I have tried:

• With and without the ItemName automater javascript.
  • Removing everything and replacing the form on a blank page.

Are we using the wrong form? Any ideas or solutions?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Can you please provide the URL so we can check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem The way I solved it was to enter value="{tag_field}" on each input. Then the existing data comes up, and they edit it, and submit it. It stopped the duplicates. I'm not sure why, or even if it was exactly that which stopped the duplicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get a confirmation if value="{tag_field}" on each input. works ?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no tag field and BC does not detect or stop based on that. So I do not know what that poster is refering to at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines