• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did these red script boxes come from?

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2007 Feb 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have a working complied project. I needed to create a "new release" -- so following the instructions from Robo Wizard (Sept 04 - Firing up the Copier) I set out and successfully made a copy of my old project. After following all the steps I started looking at my copied project and find that throughout the entire doc I have red script boxes -- these were never in the first version ~ unless I wasn't aware they existed. I clicked on one and this is what I get...

<!--
if (window.gbWhTopic)
{
if (window.addTocInfo)
{
addTocInfo("1-INTRODUCTION\n1. INTRODUCTION");
addAvenueInfo("Untitled","1-INTRODUCTION/Section_1__Introduction.htm","1-INTRODUCTION/1.1____Purpose.htm");
addButton("show",BTN_TEXT,"Show","","","","",0,0,"","","");

}
if (window.writeBtnStyle)
writeBtnStyle();

if (window.writeIntopicBar)
writeIntopicBar(1);

if (window.setRelStartPage)
{
setRelStartPage("../Requirements_Development_Process_v3.htm");

autoSync(1);
sendSyncInfo();
sendAveInfoOut();
}
}
else
if (window.gbIE4)
document.location.reload();
//-->

Can someone tell me
what is the purpose is of these boxes?
were they in my initial project?
what effect do they have on my new project?
do they change functionality in any way?

Also, near the bottom of the script I see this line:

setRelStartPage("../Requirements_Development_Process_v3.htm");

My new project is .....Process_v3.1.htm

If I change the "start page" on my Primary Layout will this title change to 3.1 vs the 3. that it is now?

Thanks in advance for any help that is offered.

Becca

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Becca

Ouch! These indicate you have WebHelp generated output files amongst your source files. You should probably take a look at the following link: Click here

Cheers and good luck... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like you have copied the output files rather than the source files.

I sure hope you have the source files or you are in for Operation Cleanup.

http://www.robowizard.com/RoboWizard/NewProject.htm#MonthlyScry/062004.htm

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have numerous backups of the initial project.

So when I initially copied the project I should have come out of the HTML folder and not the robo folder on my C drive?? Is that correct?

Since I have a back up -- should I still follow the June 2004 - Impure Sorcery or is there a different plan of attack?

By the way... you guys rock!!! I am amazed at how fast I receive help on this forum. Thank you very much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

Since you are saying you still have the source, it sounds like you simply need to be more careful about which files you copy.

If you expand your Single Source Layouts folder, then right-click and examine the properties, you should easily see where the output files are ending up. Those are the files to avoid. You may certainly copy the project and the resulting WebHelp output along with it in one fell swoop, but here's a caveat that recently bit me. Be sure and change your Single Source Layout properties to point the WebHelp output to the new location.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp