• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I get this error when PS6 update finishes on my Mac: Error log file location: /Library/Logs/Adobe/In

New Here ,
May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it goes with the update download and set up then the error. This is through the Adobe App Manager. I purchased a Cloud Sub 2 days ago. I've tried 10 times now and still the same error. This is frustrating for sure.

Ara

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the Repair Permissions system utility and also manually verify the user privileges on that folder using right-click and Get Info...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm just hyjacking this thread.    I have the same problem as above.  Where do I find the Repair Permissions system utility on a mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repair Permissions is either already available as a quick shortcut under the apple menu or in Applications --> Utilities --> Disk Utility.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran disk permission and every was good. I still can't update it. Should I un install PS6 then re install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact error are you getting? I thought we're merely talking about accessing the logs...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 13.1.2 for Creative Cloud

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

That's the error message I keep getting. I've tried everything. Help.

Ara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just had a good chat with an Adobe live chat person.  He has explained to me why I am getting the U44M1P7 error.

I have a perpetual version of CS6 that I bought earlier in the year.   The creative cloud update only applies to versions of CS6 that have been downloaded via creative cloud.  The error means I am trying to update a version of CS6 (my perpetual copy) that has aleady been updated.

I have version 13.0.4   and the update is 13.1.2.     If I want the update I have to uninstall CS6 from my computer (my perpetual version) and download CS6 from creative cloud.  Then I will be able to have the updates.

Hope this helps you.  I haven't ried it yet but will post my results when I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but no, it doesn't help. My version is from CC. Not another version. I'll have to chat with Adobe and see if I can resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to mention that I posted a thread because I'm having the problem you are describing, but after I uninstalled and reinstalled everything the application manager simply says "Up to date" and doesn't reccognize that Photoshop, Premiere, any of it isn't even on my computer, so I'm worse off than before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked well for me.  I uninstalled my existing (perpetual) copy of CS6 then went to the creative cloud website and downloaded the CS6 version again - via my Adobe Applications Manager.   The only thing that is puzzling me (but I'm not complaining) is I was expecting to have to licence the product ie with my Adobe ID and password - but I haven't been prompted to do that -  as far as I know it's not a trial and I can just run it as is.  And it works fine.  so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all. I'll wait to call Adobe and find out from them.

Ara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever find a solution? I am in sort of the same boat. I even had an Adobe rep try to help me. For some reason my Adobe App Manager does not work on my Macbook. It orginally did but one day it just would not launch. After numerous attempts of uninstalling and re-installing without success, the only workaround solution was to create another user on my Macbook and install the Application Manager on that user's account. I can then download the apps / programs and updates from there. When I log out of that user and back into my main account the Adobe programs work....well most of them. I have noticed that certain programs, like Muse will launch and work correctly under my second user account but it will not luanch without error on the main account.

The fact that no one at Adobe seems to be able to provide a solution is frustraing. Everything worked fine one day, then its all messed up. Switching users is not an ideal solution at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines