Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am trying to activate an Acer Iconia - apparent Network Error

May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to activate an Acer Iconia (Android) via LumiRead app. I receive an error 'Activation Failed - There is a network error, please check your WiFi, or the content server may not be available now. - Details show E_STREAM_ERROR: CURL returned 7 (0x7)'.

The Aldiko app also fails to authorise - 'Error. Could not connect to server'.

The Iconia was rebuilt under warranty about 6 months ago, prior to this the Iconia was activated successfully.

There is no network error - I'm using WiFi now. The thing I find interesting is that I can not access any Adobe web page via any of the Android browsers (built in browser, Chrome, Photon Browser), but can access via PC - which is where I'm typing this from.

ADE works fine on PC, and I can read DRM books.

Activating the Iconia is starting to sh*t me up the wall. I have Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome and I'm trying to access a pain managment book via the Iconia. I'd appreciate any help

Thanks Sheridyn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible there is some kind of firewall app running on the Iconia that is causing the problems?

Try turning off any firewall (temporarily) to see if that helps.

It might be worth posting on Acer sites to see if anyone has similar issues.

Try the Bluefire app; though I suspect that will fail if the others did.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines