• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Captivate for me?

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2007 Feb 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just downloaded the demo of Captivate 2 and I'm really impressed.

However, before I can consider using Captivate over the sim builder that came with our LMS I've a few questions for you experienced users!

Sorry if these have been answered 100 times before - I've only been using Captivate for a couple of days so it's tricky for me to know what to search for!

1. In our existing sim builder, slides have two narration panels; the first with precise instructions for taking a learner through the sim for the first time to learn ('show me') and the second to run through it again with little handholding to demonstrate learning ('test me'). This is roughly equivalent to the 'Training Sim' and 'Assessment Sim' modes in Captivate.

So, if I record a training sim, can I then run it as either a training sim or an assessment sim? Or if not, can I make a copy of the project and convert the training sim to an assessment sim without having to edit each slide?

2. Can I get a text entry box to grab the focus when its slide starts? E.g. if the interaction coming out of the last slide was to click in a click box positioned over the 'enter name' field, the user would expect the text entry box to have the focus in the next slide.

3. Is there a keypress interaction - e.g. press 'F10' to go to the next slide? I 've found I can make F10 the shortcut key to a text entry box with a blank correct answer, but that assumes that the the box has the focus which may not be guaranteed.

I'm sure I'll come up with a million other questions, but those are good to be going on with for the moment!

Thanks 🙂
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2007 Feb 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. ) Simulation + Demo Answer

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=67&catid=467&threadid=1239302&e...

2.) Yes, the timeline is used to establish the focus, or timing.

3.) See answer # 2. ;)

I use "multiple" outs for the 'next slide' button in my CBTs.
F-10 as an option, as well as a "Next" button. I set them both up the same way on the timeline, and I set the end result (continue or go to next slide, etc..)to be the same on both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2007 Feb 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: Shnoogins
1. ) Simulation + Demo Answer

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=67&catid=467&threadid=1239302&e...

2.) Yes, the timeline is used to establish the focus, or timing.

3.) See answer # 2. ;)

I use "multiple" outs for the 'next slide' button in my CBTs.
F-10 as an option, as well as a "Next" button. I set them both up the same way on the timeline, and I set the end result (continue or go to next slide, etc..)to be the same on both.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply Shnoogins - I'll experiment with 2 and 3. It's a shame you can't do multimode captures but I think the world won't stop turning if I have to do a bit of editing

I've still got a few reservations about the way text entry boxes work, plus the issues of right click, drag & drop, and shift click which I've seen there are 'sort of' answers to, but I'm really impressed with this software. We've got a few £ left in this year's travel budget; I wonder if buying it counts as a 'journey'!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources