• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe E reader

New Here ,
May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been "authorizing" my computer for about an hour now so I can down load books from my public library to my Nook using Adobe E reader.  Any idea how long the "authorizing" should take?  I tried Not "authorizing" my computer and kept getting an error message that said I wasn't connected.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What computer? What network? If it says it isn't connected, then something is wrong and it will never authorize in whatever way...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Vista and I am connected to the internet.  I am on a laptop and was able to authorized on a desktop on Windows 7 with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you read http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/installing-digital-editions-20-windows.html

It is about installation but give some help on authorization.

Also, may be worth trying v1.7.2; though despite the myriad bugs there are on V2.0, I haven't seen that one come up before.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Authorization should just take a few seconds.

Don't go down the 'not authorizing' path; it will lead to lots of complications in the future.

One possible reason for authorization problems is anti-virus or firewall preventing the appropriate internet connection.

Try temporarily disabling them to see if that helps; or checking for firewall exceptions.

(I seem to remember seeing Kaspersky mentioned in particular, but might apply to any.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines