• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signature field detected - I never added a signature field

New Here ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I open my PDF in Reader, I suddenly get a green bar along the top saying "Signature field detected." I never added a signature field to the PDF. How do I remove this green bar? Thanks, Siegfried

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 163 Replies 163
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sduraybito.

I have just experienced this issue myself.  I updated to Acrobat Reader 11.0.3 an hour or so ago (I am running Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit SP1).  Now when I open a PDF file I have viewed many times in the past, I am getting the same green bar along the top of the document that you found.

I have Googled extensively to see if there is a setting for Reader that controls this automatic signature field detection process, but I haven't found anything.

Input from Adobe on this would be welcome.  Thanks.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please upload any sample document.

~Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Deepak.

Is there a secure location that I could upload the file?  It is a confidential document from a vendor.

Or, could I send you a private message with the file attached?  The file is about 5 MB in size.

Just let me know.  Thanks.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

Please feel free to send me the file through private message.

~Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Deepak, I have sent you a private message with a link to the file (I didn't see a way to attach the file to the private message itself).

Please let me know if you have any difficulty obtaining the file.  Thanks.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the solution, I am annoyed by this green bar, I would like to remove the autodetection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deepak,

this happens with every PDF when opened with 11.0.3; example http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/adobe_reader_reference.pdf

Message was edited by: Pat Willener - corrected version: 11.0.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue !!! I am just trying to use Reader, but get the Green Bar along with "signature detected".

This happens on 3 different computers. It has something to do with the EchoSign program that is now included in the (11.0.03) version.

HOW DO I DISABLE the EchoSign CRAP.

I publish a newsletter that goes out to 1200 readers in my community.

IF Adobe pushes out this upgrade to all my readers, it will be a nightmare.

Please help.

Thanks, Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I have come up with a "work around".

One of my other computers just received an update from Adobe, It was version 10.1.7

It still has the same problems: Signature needed and the FAT green bar.

I uninstalled Reader 11.0.3 and did a previous version install of version 10.0.4

Then I had to recreate a PDF (I used MS Publisher - Office 2007),

then when I opened the newly saved PDF there was NO longer an ugly green bar!!!

Lot's of work.

Adobe you should be ashamed of yourself!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rondny12, i guess that means that the program has a bug in its detection of signature fields. Kind of ridiculous, of adobe. I mean i'm using pdf's with no form fields at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECTION to my post # 16

The previous version I installed was actually 10.1.4

Sorry about that. Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I've found is to click on the EchoSign logo, which makes the green bar go away.  It doesn't disable it because the option is still in the Navigation Pane, but at least you don't have to be looking at it.  Hope this helps some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easy to make the green bar go away--e.g., click on Open Sign Pane and then close the sign pane.  However, it comes back the next time you open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea, my baby figured that out. I don't want to have to do that every time i open a document. has anyone solved this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is SOOOOOOOOOOOO  aggravating!  just downloaded an hour ago and i'm already frustrated enought to search web and find this forum and create an Adobe id for here so i can get my job done without the doggone green bar popping up on every document. . EVERY single one of our PDF documents have a signature line, we're an insurance company.  I don't want to have to unclick every time I access a PDF file...

ADOBE PLEASE HELP.  If you can not tell me how to disable, then can you at least help me to go back a level to get rid of the latest version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe! Surely, there HAS to be a way to disable this irritating green bar. I am the IT director of a decently-sized organization and one of the things my department does is field tech support questions from our district offices. I'm already getting calls about this stupid green bar. I can't believe that there is not a way to turn it off.

ADOBE, PLEASE GIVE US A RESOLUTION! It was bad enough when Adobe Reader X came out with tons of bugs that wouldn't allow half of my printers to work. But this is just plain unnecessary. Please consider that every idea that your staff comes up with is not necessarily progress. I recommend you take advantage of some focus groups to make sure what you are doing is actually needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue in a very large organization too --same as Keefer_S.  Any resolve that could be posted-- would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn OFF the Document Message Bar in the Form Preferences.

Edit>Preferences>Forms>Always hide forms document message bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FALSE, Sabian, turn off document message bar via "always hide forms document message bar" does not work, please check if it works before you post an answer so that i don't have to check it for you then reply that it does not work so that everybody else who reads your comment does not have to do the same   EDIT: This came out much more rude than i intended, thank you for trying sabian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wickthemd - Worked for me.  I did test it.  So why it's not working on your end is a mystery to me. Hope you find an answer that DOES work for you.  No worries about the tone of your response.  I understand your frustration.  You may want to look at the ETK>Preference Reference ( http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/index.html ) and see if there are registry settings there that addresses this issue.  I had a look in the ETK but nothing seemed evident to me that would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I looked at that linked page and, while those specific registry entries didn't look promising, I tried them anyway.  They didn't fix the problem. 

Also, I found this:  [Oh, this interface doesn't support PASTE, so I can't paste in what I found.] 

Anyway, this auto-detection and notice apparently is a new "feature", according to the Release Notes.

ADOBE - Please fix/undo/whatever this new "feature".  At least make it selectable in preferences.  And if you don't want a lot of confused users, make the default setting "Off".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug in the latest versions (11.0.3) of both Acrobat and Reader... There doesn't seem to be a workaround at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not a bug, this is a conversation between me and adobe:

Saleem: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.

Saleem: Hi Terrance

Terrance: hello

Saleem: I understand you are unable to remove the add signature  pop up

Terrance: yes

Saleem: What operating system are you using?

Terrance: windows 8 64-bit

Saleem: Thank you for the information provided.

Saleem: I will be glad to assist you with that

Terrance: this problem is occurring in adobe reader as well, being tracked here http://forums.adobe.com/message/5335396#5335396

Saleem: Can you stay online for 2 - 3 minutes while I check on this information for you?

Terrance: yes

Terrance: they say it is a bug, i wasn't sure if it had been reported, that is what i am doing

Terrance: an example of when this occurs can be seen by opening this pdf http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/adobe_reader_reference.pdf

Saleem: Thank you for your patience.

Saleem: Terrance, its not bug but a feature.

Saleem: Acrobat  and Reader from 11.0.3 now detect if a document may need to be signed. On successful detection, a document message bar appears with a button “Open Sign Pane” which on clicking opens the right-hand Sign Pane.

Terrance: once signed it continues to pop up, also, why should i be signing the adobe help documents pdf which i linked to above

Saleem: Its not necessary to have a signature field, if Acrobat  detect if a document may need to be signed like having the word 'sign' or any other indication you get that pop up

Terrance: wow, ok, having the word signed in it seems a little too all encompassing, I would like to prevent this bar from coming up. It comes up on documents that do not need to be signed and inhibits my work flow.

Terrance: just as a heads up, i will be printing these notes and posting them on the adobe forum

Saleem: Am sorry but the feature cannot be turned off.

Terrance: ok

Saleem: Okay

Terrance: thank you

Terrance: have a good day

Saleem: It was nice chatting with you. Have a good day.

Saleem: Do you have any other questions for me?

Terrance: no, but maybe a suggestion that this "feature" might be less than that, and could use an option in the settings to turn it off. Thanks though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to sum up, they said that it is a feature, which i knew, but i did not realize it used such primitive alogarithm to determine whether or not the document needed to be signed, they said the document might just contain the word sign and it could occure. silly if you ask me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines