• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfcollection action='create' permission denied "read" (what???)

LEGEND ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone.

I'm working on a script that will delete specific SOLR collections, re-create them, index them, then optimize them.

The delete portion succeeds. The create, however, is failing with a permissions issue:

access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "X:\www\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\WEB-INF\cfusion\collections\xyz" "read")

What the heck is it trying to "read" when creating a collection with a CFCOLLECTION tag??

<cfcollection action="create" collection="xyz" 
   categories="no" path="X:\www\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\WEB-INF\cfusion\collections\xyz" 
   language="English" engine="solr">

It runs fine if sandbox is disabled. This is not an option. Can anyone, please, help fix this?

Sandbox gives the CF account Read,Write,Execute on EVERYTHING.

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that this issue is related to Java 7?

I'm not sure of the timing, but this _may_ have started around the time that my dev system and the production systems were "upgraded" to Java 7.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you explicitly give all permissions to cfcollection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The account that CF runs under has full control of the folders, and in the sandbox security the settings are for Read, Write, Execute for the root collections folder and all sub folders and files.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is NOT related to Java 7.  I uninstalled Java 7 from my dev machine and tested.  The issue still remains.

I thought there might be a possibility that Tomcat didn't have the permissions, but this is also not the issue.

Still looking for a solution.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation