Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

digital editions authorization

May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cannot authorize my computer in digital editions  even though adobe tells me my id is ok. they say it is in background??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact eroro message? What computer?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks and sorry for delay in responding. I appreciated your response to my query.

The error message is :-

'you can only authorize this computer with an adobe id that hasn't been previously used to authorize any other computer or mobile services. please try again.'

All i have done is buy a new computer - a sony vaio - sve15137cgb. Not being a computer expert easy instructions are preffered!!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been through the steps I suggested? 

If so, I assume it was still giving that message even at step 4 (reauthorize)?

In more detail

1. Start ADE (Digital Editions)
  2. ctrl-shift-D to ADE (cmd-shift-D on a Mac) while in Library view
  3. Restart ADE,
  4. Try again to authorize.

If that doesn't work, another thing you could try is installing the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks. IT WORKED!

Appreciate your time and 'plain talking'. Went through the 4 steps and OK first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite often ADE gets its authorization screwed up and confused; then gives obscure and misleading error messages about it.

Guessing, but  try removing any vestiges of old authorization by ctrl-shift-D to ADE (cmd-shift-D on a Mac).

Restart ADE, and try again to authorize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines