• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation Failed on Mac for version 11.7

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to upgrade to latest version...  should have left well enough alone. Flash Player version 11.6 worked just fine. Now I've done a complete uninstall, tried all troubleshooting suggestions on Adobe site, did restarts after each attempt... all with the same results: "Installation failed" error after 7%-13% of installation. I've even tried to reinstall older version, but cannot unzip file to installable format. If I can locate 11.6 that is not archived,  I'll just use that one. I've spent the last couple of hours with this and am totally frustrated. I am on a Mac OS X 10.6.8, 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 64 bit.... I need HELP!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Support

You can uninstall Flash Player completly first. (Flash Player uninstaller : http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html)

You can download Adobe Flash Player 11.7 offline installer from here : http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.d...

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated, I've already done an uninstall and new install numerous times, with the same result. But just because you suggested I did it one more time. Nothing has changed. Still getting "Installation failed" at about 10% completion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As a testing, please try installing Adobe Flash Player from "root" account

If root account is not enable, this will help (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1528)

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it. Still getting the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the installer that Vikram gave you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I ran the uninstaller and installer from links sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: Took me a week of trouble-shooting, but finally got it to install after doing a complete reinstall of my operating system. Rock on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines