• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader 10.1.1 on W2k3 TS - process not closing

Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we use Adobe Reader X on our Windows 2003 Terminalservers with Citrix Presentation Server 4.0. Since we upgraded from Version 10.0.0 to 10.1.1 sometimes the process acrord32.exe is still active when user close the program. The problem is that the process is still running in the background and consumes lot of cpu and memory. We have to close it manually with the task manager. Proteced Mode is disabled, other configuration settings we didnt'd made.

Any ideas what can cause such problems?

best regards,

Sarge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2011 Sep 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem in Windows Vista 32bit SP2. My next step is to remove Acrobat and reinstall it, but from what I have read I am not sure that will fix it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I fixed this issue on my system. I uninstalled the application acrobat.com and the problem stopped. This program was installed back in 2010 and so was probably a left over from previous versions.

I hope this helps you.

WRO2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we don't have other adobe products installed on the servers; maybe I try a fresh installation of adobe reader 10.1.1 or I go back to version 10.0.0 (not a good option because some features are missing).

best regards,

Sarge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2011 Sep 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution only worked for a while then the problem came back. I then completely uninstalled the 10.1.1, and then went back to adobe and downloaded a fresh install. Everything is working as it should for now, but I keep my eye on the CPU usage when I exit a PDF file.

WRO2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did a fresh install of Adobe Reader 10.1.0 MUI and then updated to version 10.1.1 Unfortunately the problem with unclosed processes acro3d32.exe and high cpu usage is still the same. I went back to version 10.0.0, maybe it is a bug in the actual version ?

best regards,

Sarge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2011 Oct 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We experience the same phenomenon with Adobe Reader 10.1.1 on Windows Server 2008 R2 configured as Remote Desktop Session Host. I hope very much that this will be fixed in 10.1.2 !! 🙂

Harald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2011 Oct 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

We too have a multi-server citrix farm and are having the exact same issue. We have to contantly monitor the % User CPU time and kill acrord32.exe whenever it goes over about 5% or it keeps climbing and eventually bogs down our servers. A fix for this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks Adobe,

Jordan Carvell

Forsyth Barr Ltd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2011 Nov 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.... seriously... annoying.... the crap.... out of our whole helpdesk team....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to post in here every day until this is resolved... it is causing us tremendous issues and complaints from users... not cool adobe... not cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2011 Nov 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still not even a helloe from an Adobe admin.

bump...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2011 Nov 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no traction... going to start looking for an alternative to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2011 Nov 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same Issue on Windows XP.

Are all of you using some DFS Path ?

After spending a HUGE amount of time trying to understand what happened, I found that :

Here is how to make Adobe Reader refuse to close :

Add a file in the MRU with a DFS Path in position c1 !

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\10.0\AVGeneral\cRecentFiles\c1]

"sDI"=hex:bllabla in hexa

"tDIText"="/domain.ad/dfsfolder/otherfolder/NORMAL/PATH/TO/MY/file.PDF"

"aFS"="DOS"

It's enough to make Adobe Reader X 10.1.1 infinitely hang when closing in some specific conditions that i need to investigate.

If you change /mydomain.ad/ to /oneserver/ (see below) then adobe reader is not crashing anymore.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\10.0\AVGeneral\cRecentFiles\c1]

"sDI"=hex:bllabla in hexa

"tDIText"="/SERVERNAME/dfsfolder/otherfolder/NORMAL/PATH/TO/MY/file.PDF"

"aFS"="DOS"

Look like another DFS Problem (cf error while opening in 10.0)

Still investigating the issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all a bit beyond me there fella...

keep us posted though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Good to see that we are not alone in the dark.

We also have the same problem Reader 10.1.1 - Citrix - Windows 2003 Server.

2 months you have started this thread and still "No SIGN" from Adobe !!! That weird !!

I will completely uninstall the reader and search for a lighter, less buggy, and in better terms with our Citrix farm !!!
I will keep you posted

Good luck to all.

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2011 Nov 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fred,

In my opinion we are all alone in the dark, Adobe doesn't seem to want to weigh in on this issue. Let us know how you get on finding a replacement!

Thanks for dropping in,

Jordan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2011 Nov 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumpdee doo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still no update!? really?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since we move our network map drive from :

N:\ =  \\domain.ad\dfsfolder\otherfolder\

to

N:\ =  \\OneSERVERNAME\dfsfolder\otherfolder\

We are not facing this issue anymore. We think that it was a combination of 2 problems (domain.ad in MRU + something else : trouble with our DFS ?? )

We used a workaround to avoid having this \\domain.ad in the Adobe Reader MRU and this problem is now past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also experiencing this issue on our two W2K8 R2 RDS servers.

We are going to be forced to either downgrade or switch to an alternative if this is not fixed soon. Our users are unable to use these RDS servers until the processes are manually ended by our limited IS resource.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that Briggs-JBELL, another witness, how many more before adobe finally comes to the party and sorts this shit out?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my voice to those clamouring for a solution.  AcroRd.exe is currently taking up 50% if my CPU although no pdfs are open.

Windows 7 32 bit

4 GB Ram

2.93GHz core 2 duo CPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our final answer was to remove rights on the registry entry : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\10.0\AVGeneral\cRecentFiles\

On most of the other computers removing \\pathto_dfs_folder was enough.

We had one computer still showing the issue...We removed the rights now ok.

We know it's only a workaround...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks - I hadn't seen that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So theres a new version out, has anyone had a chance to test it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines