Exit

Acrobat Pro XI 11.0.3 not recognising email client

May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8

Office 2013

Acrobat Pro 11.0.3

Error: "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.  Please run MS Outlook and set it as the default mail client etc."

I've confirmed Outlook in default prog', I've tried the various registry hacks and also deleated MSMAPI32.DLL.

This error appeared after updating Office 2013 and Acrobat Pro 11.0.3.

A fix would be appreaciated.

Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Well, I may have a work around. I don't know which version of Adobe Acrobat that Adobe started having the program default to showing a  panel on the right side of the window but this panel looks like the root of the problem. The panel shows Tools / Sign In / and Comments. Simply click on the words Tools / Sign In / Comments (whichever one you have showing) to make the panel go away. Exit acrobat. Execute acrobat. Error is gone. Renable panel. Error will reappear almost immediately.

panel.PNG

My experience

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you set an email account at Acrobat's Preferences Panel > Email Accounts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rebecca,

There isn't an email catagory in Preferences for Acrobat Pro.  It is set to Outlook 2013 in Adobe Reader.  Reader has has the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aceracer27 wrote:

deleated MSMAPI32.DLL

Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat, was following a suggestion that allowing Outlook to recreate MSMAPI32.DLL (i.e. delete the file then Outlook recreates it upon restart) may fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thank you for the explanation!

Regarding Email Accounts in Preferences; there is - here is a screenshot of my Preferences in Acrobat 11.0.3

acrem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 26, 2013 May 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's in Acrobate Reader, I'm referring to Acrobat Pro.  There's no option for setting email accounts in Acro' Pro.

I see that I've posted to the wrong forum, this should be in Acrobat Pro.  Sorry.  Can this be moved to the Acrobat Pro discussion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem with Reader, both 11.0.3 and 10.1.7. I'm using 64 bit Windows 8 and 64 bit Microsoft Office 2013 (including Outlook). Changing the email preferences in Reader and Windows does not make a difference. The only way to eliminate the error is to roll back to the previous version of Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vette06,

Thanks for the info.  I've rolled back to Reader 10 then 9 but didn't have any luck.  Which versoin do you have installed, and are you running Acrobat Pro also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the partial fix at the following link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-outlook/error-when-launching-out... - see reply from HurdleRemoved regarding a registry edit. 

I say this is a partial fix because this only worked with Acrobat Pro XI, but in Reader I'm still getting the no default mail client error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Acrobat side of the problem is resolved, but the Reader version is still not, I will leave this topic here in the Reader forum.

Hopefully you will get some additional answers in the Microsoft forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

I just got a confusing reply from HurdleRemoved on the MS forum (he's an end user that authored the registry hack).  He claims that Adobe Reader 11 and Acrobat Pro 10 are available in both 32 or 64bit versions.  I can't find any evidence that there are 2 different versions, just that they are supposed to work on 32 or 64bit versions of Windows.  Could you please confirm that Reader and Acrobat are in fact 32bit applications?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader, Acrobat (Pro & Standard), and all their browser add-ons are strictly 32-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this and it works perfectly in Acrobat XI Pro (CS). I'm running a click-to-run Office 2013 (from Office 365) on Windows 8.1 (so all the very latest software). Don't have Reader so can't comment but it's certainly fixed the issue with Adobe and other programmes (it's not just Adobe this relates to). Seems it's more of an issue with Office than anything else. Still, it's nice to see people getting so passionate in these forums (Mike_M!) 🙂

Thanks so much! Saved me a lot of time and energy.

UPDATE: I spoke too soon. Only seems to work when Outlook is CLOSED (strangely). When it's open, appears to try but no Outlook window opens and Acrobat hangs (pings when you click on it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, using Outlook 2010 as my default email client on Win 7 and Acrobat Pro XI (through Creative Cloud).  Has anyone found a real fix?  I use 32-bit Win7 and Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the error and I don't use Outlook, don't want to use Outlook and have deleted Outlook from my computer.  Why is Adobe forcing me to use Outlook?  It is ridiculus, I use Google Apps, set that as default and I still get the stupid error.  Between the Creative Cloud and now this, I am ready to drop Adobe from all of our computers.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish someone would fix this, or provide a workaround or something.  It is so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

markcarrara_from_NM wrote:

I get the error and I don't use Outlook, don't want to use Outlook and have deleted Outlook from my computer.  Why is Adobe forcing me to use Outlook?

If you have "deleted" Outlook, then it is still your default email client; you have to properly uninstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also running into the same problem with more than one computer. 

I am running:

Windows 8 Enterprise x64

Adobe Pro XI (Version 11.0.3)

Adobe Reader XI (Version 11.0.3)

Office 2013 (Office 365 E3) x64 (Version 15.0.4505.1510)

My boss is running:

Windows 7 Enterprise x64

Adobe Pro XI (Version 11.0.3)

Adobe Reader XI (Version 11.0.3)

Office 2013 (Office 365 E3) x64 (Version 15.0.4505.1510)

After following several different suggestions I have gotten to the point where my computer no longer gives me the error that it cannot find the mail client, but when I click on the envelope to send the PDF to Outlook as an attachment it doesn't do anything.  The cursor spins for a second several times but nothing happens.

I checked my event viewer under "Applications and Services Logs" under "Microsoft Office Alerts" and found nothing pertaining to when I have tried futily to send PDFs to Outlook.

Next, I checked the "Windows Logs" under "Application" and found that the 64BitMAPIBroker.exe application is crashing.  Below is the contents of the event:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          6/28/2013 3:09:50 PM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Description:

Faulting application name: 64BitMAPIBroker.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x518e10d6

Faulting module name: AppvIsvSubsystems64.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x515dec46

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000007fbe1f83f08

Faulting process id: 0x15ac

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce74331033c2c1

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\plug_ins\pi_brokers\64BitMAPIBroker.exe

Faulting module path: AppvIsvSubsystems64.dll

Report Id: 4e21ce49-e026-11e2-bee0-80bafd731780

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I then kept digging and found this Windows Error Reporting Log:

Version=1

EventType=APPCRASH

EventTime=130169201907493559

ReportType=2

Consent=1

UploadTime=130169201908513567

ReportIdentifier=4e0a4e8c-e026-11e2-bee0-80bafd731780

IntegratorReportIdentifier=4e0a4e8b-e026-11e2-bee0-80bafd731780

NsAppName=64BitMAPIBroker.exe

Response.BucketId=2f054903892071ac99277005e4edb678

Response.BucketTable=4

Response.LegacyBucketId=115586042

Response.type=4

Sig[0].Name=Application Name

Sig[0].Value=64BitMAPIBroker.exe

Sig[1].Name=Application Version

Sig[1].Value=0.0.0.0

Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp

Sig[2].Value=518e10d6

Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name

Sig[3].Value=AppvIsvSubsystems64.dll

Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version

Sig[4].Value=5.151.36.0

Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp

Sig[5].Value=515dec46

Sig[6].Name=Exception Code

Sig[6].Value=c0000005

Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset

Sig[7].Value=00000000000e0a2c

DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version

DynamicSig[1].Value=6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.4

DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID

DynamicSig[2].Value=1033

DynamicSig[22].Name=Additional Information 1

DynamicSig[22].Value=4e95

DynamicSig[23].Name=Additional Information 2

DynamicSig[23].Value=4e957fd71b033a4fbd893b740afab301

DynamicSig[24].Name=Additional Information 3

DynamicSig[24].Value=3582

DynamicSig[25].Name=Additional Information 4

DynamicSig[25].Value=35826ecc3405ca91a81945c27236f5be

UI[2]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\plug_ins\pi_brokers\64BitMAPIBroker.exe

LoadedModule[0]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\plug_ins\pi_brokers\64BitMAPIBroker.exe

LoadedModule[1]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

LoadedModule[2]=C:\Windows\system32\KERNEL32.DLL

LoadedModule[3]=C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

LoadedModule[4]=C:\Windows\system32\USER32.dll

LoadedModule[5]=C:\Windows\system32\ADVAPI32.dll

LoadedModule[6]=C:\Windows\system32\SHELL32.dll

LoadedModule[7]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCP100.dll

LoadedModule[8]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\MSVCR100.dll

LoadedModule[9]=C:\Windows\system32\GDI32.dll

LoadedModule[10]=C:\Windows\system32\msvcrt.dll

LoadedModule[11]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\sechost.dll

LoadedModule[12]=C:\Windows\system32\RPCRT4.dll

LoadedModule[13]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\combase.dll

LoadedModule[14]=C:\Windows\system32\SHLWAPI.dll

LoadedModule[15]=C:\Windows\system32\IMM32.DLL

LoadedModule[16]=C:\Windows\system32\MSCTF.dll

LoadedModule[17]=C:\Windows\system32\guard64.dll

LoadedModule[18]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\fltlib.dll

LoadedModule[19]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntmarta.dll

LoadedModule[20]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\mapi32.dll

LoadedModule[21]=C:\Windows\system32\ole32.dll

LoadedModule[22]=C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9200.16384_none_418c2a697189c07f\Comctl32.dll

LoadedModule[23]=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\VFS\ProgramFilesCommonX64\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033\MSMAPI32.DLL

LoadedModule[24]=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\Office15\JitV.dll

LoadedModule[25]=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\Office15\AppvIsvSubsystems64.dll

LoadedModule[26]=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\Office15\AppVIsvStream64.dll

LoadedModule[27]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\USERENV.dll

LoadedModule[28]=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\Office15\c2r64.dll

LoadedModule[29]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\profapi.dll

LoadedModule[30]=C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\SHCORE.dll

LoadedModule[31]=C:\Windows\system32\oleaut32.dll

State[0].Key=Transport.DoneStage1

State[0].Value=1

FriendlyEventName=Stopped working

ConsentKey=APPCRASH

AppName=64BitMAPIBroker.exe

AppPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\plug_ins\pi_brokers\64BitMAPIBroker.exe

NsPartner=windows

NsGroup=windows8

Does any of this information help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader Error.jpeg

After I had installed Office 2013 and upgraded from Reader X to Reader XI, I started to get the above error when opening any PDF file.

To resolve this I uninstalled Reader XI and reinstalled Reader X.

No error since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I may have a work around. I don't know which version of Adobe Acrobat that Adobe started having the program default to showing a  panel on the right side of the window but this panel looks like the root of the problem. The panel shows Tools / Sign In / and Comments. Simply click on the words Tools / Sign In / Comments (whichever one you have showing) to make the panel go away. Exit acrobat. Execute acrobat. Error is gone. Renable panel. Error will reappear almost immediately.

panel.PNG

My experience is the message only shows when one of these panels are visible. I tested on Acrobat Reader X and XI with the same result. Hiding the panel gets rid of the error.

--John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me.  As soon as I hid the Tools panel the error did not appear whenever I opened a PDF file. 

Doesn't this prove that there is a bug in the Adobe Reader code regarding this error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is awesome.  So how do we get this information to the developers at Adobe?  It is obviously a critical issue and a true bug in Reader XI.

Thanks for the great troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this solved part of the error.  I am still unable to send pdf files as attachments from Reader XI.  Any response from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this still not fixed by Adobe? I'm using Adobe Reader 11.0.3 under Windows 7. I use Microsoft Outlook, it IS set as my default mail client and still I get this irritating message that I should set Microsoft Office Outlook as my default mail client EVERY time I open Adobe Reader.

The hack, or workaround, is to DISABLE part of the functionality of the reader?

Why have Adobe not fixed their product yet? I completely understand why some folk use other free PDF readers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines