• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ho do I remove a digital signature field, that cannot be found, in Adobe Acrobat Pro XI?

New Here ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The wierdest thing happend and I have no explanation. I have been working on a file all week, opened it, closed it, printed it multiple times, and only today did a mysterious problem appear. Upon opening the file for the 20th or so time, an alert appeard at the top of the PDF doc saying: (on left side) "Signature field(s) detected" - (on right side) "Open Sign Pane.".

I am running on Windows 7 Professionsl. I read a few suggestions in this community board and after trying everything to remove this mystery signature field, it keeps saying cannot find any fields. WTH? I never added any, the file WAS fine, and all of a sudden this happens? The kicker is; that I re-printed to PDF from the original Filemaker file as I have done dozens of times without this problem, after deleting the corrupted file, and the same thing happened.

Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of this non-existing digital signature field that apparently exists???

**UPDATE** It now seems that ALL NEW PDF documents I am creating today are adding a digital signature field that I am NOT adding it myslef. I just chose: print to Adobe PDF to some new docs and it happened to each of them, the same green pop-up upon opening the docs; as stated above: (on left side) "Signature field(s) detected" - (on right side) "Open Sign Pane."

Now another thing I noticed is that it did not happen earlier this morning (same computer) because I went back and opened them and they are fine, no pop-up about signature detected, it is only happening since a couple of hours ago on all my new docs... I am very frustrated. I even contacted Adobe Echosign, and they have created a ticket for me...waiting to hear from them.

Message was edited by: Blue Ribbon Pet

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Signature Field(s) Detected. Cannot get it to stop. Driving me (and my boss) nuts. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can either of you post a screen shot of the message? I'm thinking it's not referring to an actual digital signature field, but rather something to do with e-signing (ala EchoSign). If so, adding security should make it go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked the release notes for the recent 11.0.3 update, and includes something about Acrobat and Reader intelligently detecting if a document may need to be signed as part of additional EchoSign integration, so this is probably what's going on. Again, this can be avoided by adding standard password security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Green bar is the message I get on everything now)

Adobe Pro 11-Sig Error.jpg

Hi George, Thanks for the info, I just sent the link to Adobe EchoSign, with the quoted text you are referring to...I see what you are saying and hopefully this is info for them to help me figure out how to disable it. Here is what I sent to them:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was brought to my attention the following: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/PDF/Adobe-Acrobat.shtml

EchoSign integration:
· Acrobat and Reader now intelligently detect if a document may need to be signed. On successful detection, a document message bar appears with a button “Open Sign Pane” which on clicking opens the right-hand Sign Pane.

This seems to be EXACTLY what is happening. Can someone please look into this and please reply to me with a possible solution?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

We do not password protect, or put security on our PDF catalogs, sheets or any marketing material as anyone should be able to view it (most of the time) with the exception of price lists. I hope I do not have to put security on everything going forward as this would pose a big problem...it shouldn't be this difficult, I should just be able to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding security does not mean that it won't be viewable. It is not a password for opening the document, just for changing the security restrictions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, not 100% sure how that security thing works, didn't know it's just a change to restrictions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

signature.jpg

I don't want any security on my PDFs, they are for the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Old PDF files do not show Signature Field(s) detected message. The file I am referring to was originally a Word file that was Saved as PDF from Word (which opened it automatically in Acrobat). There was no sort of signature field created in Word, and Acrobat is showing No Fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a bug with the new version of Acrobat (11.0.3).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out your old PDF files, and old ones from other places. Do they show it too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Edit: Not all files, but many do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just heard back from EchoSign, and here is what they anwered:

(EchoSign)

Hello,

The banner can be closed by clicking the icon on the left side of the green bar.  Unfortunately this change was pushed by the Acrobat product team and EchoSign had no involvement, thus we have no way to suppress the behavior.

Thank you

Support

Not the answer I wanted by the brain wizard who sent the above...of course iI know it can be closed by clicking the icon I just don't want it to open in the first place! So now I have to send all the SAME correspondence to Adobe and hope they have a better answer! Why would Adobe want this stupid thing to show up anyway...it never did before why start now...wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest to make it an option??

I agree with Dixie... I don't want this automatically showing up, we have sheets on the web too. The first time I saw it I thought if I were a customer: "I don't want to have to sign ANYTHING" and closed the doc, it WILL turn people off as many will not know how to respond to it. We are selling products, granted in our case it's just a marketing sheet but people don't want to feel like they are being tracked or that they have to give any personal info before they make a purchase and I am sure it will turn many off. They just won't understand what it is!

I will contact Adobe direct & post the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

***UPDATE***

Adobe contacted me to upload some PDF examples to them, and after researching all possible problems, they finally came to the conclusion it was a registry thing. They accessed my computer via a share-screen program, and along with our IT manager, they changed something in my registry and so far it seems the problem has not happened since.

Unfortunately I do not know exactly what they changed so you may have to contact Adobe direct to have them work with you to fix the problem if it is occurring to you. Best of luck to you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you have them fix mine? Just kidding, but I'm looking forward to an enable/disable option soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hacky workaround was to insert an "i" into every occurance of the word "sign" using Acrobat.  So, "sign" became "sigin".  Then I selected a font color that made each added "i" invisible and set the font size to "1".  The only two downsides are that it took a while to make these changes by hand and that now I can no longer search for the word "sign".

When this bug gets fixed I will edit my document and remove the extraneous "i"s.

Anyhow, this worked for me.  I can now load my document and not get the annoying green bar.  My major reason for doing this is that my users will obviously be getting this buggy version of Adobe Reader and Acrobat with their automatic updates.  😞  Hopefully Adobe will release a fix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget to report it as a bug and/or feature request, with details of the work you had to do. That will carry much more weight than a post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is also being tracked in the Reader forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1212473?start=0&tstart=0

Some users have identified that if the word "sign" or "signature" appears in a document it triggers the new green banner.  We're a large state court and guess what - thousands of documents we receive and create contain those words. We spent two hours on the phone with Adobe yesterday and got no answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can verify that it also is triggered by the word, "subscribe."  Frak!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've written a simple registry tweak that disables the Sign pane, as well as this annoying new "feature" from both Acrobat and Reader.

It can be downloaded for free from here: http://try67.blogspot.com/2013/05/acrobatreader-disable-sign-pane.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Gilad! This is the only satisfactory solution I found. For days I've been turning on security every time I create a new PDF, which is a royal pain. I certainly didn't want to try uninstalling and reinstalling a previous version, then disabling auto updates, which some have reported didn't even work for them. I did not find the registry keys to change them myself, even searching the registry for some of the individual words. To anyone who is still searching for a fix, I recommend this one. Create a system restore point for peace of mind, download and run this fix, and restart your machine. You'll be glad you did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you found it useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bravo!! What a relief!  It worked.  I've been struggling with this all day.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks Glad. You are much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I don't see a similar option for Mac users. I've got lots of PDF files with the letters sign in them, say as part of the word InDesign. This green bar is confusing our users. I even looked at the .plist files and found nothing to turn this EchoSign detection. According to Adobe:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/FeatureLockdown.html#idkeyname_1_6...

This setting applies to Macs, but I have to disagree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines