• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-create Map ID's?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2007 Feb 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm back from maternity leave, and trying to remember how to use Robohelp. 🙂 Two months away from it has taken its toll! Anyway, I imported a project into RH using the webhelp pro format. Can RH automatically assign numbers to all the topics and bookmarks? Or do I need to do this manually? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you double click the map file under Context Sensitive Help, there is an automap button.

I believe this will assign all new numbers, is that what you want in an existing project?

You mention WebHelp Pro. You do remember that needs RoboEngine? :-)

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Robo Engine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to ask that, it suggests you should not generating a WebHelp Pro output as that is designed to be published to a server running RoboHelp Engine. That gives you various additional features.

I suspect that if you look at your various projects you are most likely generating WebHelp as the default output.

See www.robowizard.com and look in the Monthly Scry section for a full explanation of the two outputs. Sorry I cannot give you the exact link as I am not using my usual PC.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Click here to see the exact link

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I didn't realize the different between the webhelp and webhelp pro. I am now confused as to how a web application gets linked to the Robohelp. I have looked at the WebHelp Resource Guide and it states that the application programmer develops the applications, adding Help icons that link to the WebHelp's start page, or to the specified HTML files. Will the programmer need to use Map ID's, or actual HTML file name? Do I make any sense at all? I'm so confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back to the auto-mapping question: I don't see an automap button. When I expand the Map files folder, I see "All Map IDs", and the "BSSCDefault.h". Neither one of them expand to show anything else. And this is a new project that I just imported from Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rochelle

You might want to start by checking out fellow RoboHelp Instructor and Community Expert John Daigle's Developer Center article.

Click here to view the article

Give that a go and see if it makes sense. If not, post back and we'll try to help further.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Double click All Map IDs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp