Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keystrokes intermittent or not recording

Explorer ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day everyone,

I am having a problem within Captivate 6.0 (Windows 7) where my keystrokes are failing to record. I have the recording set to Demo mode, with Keystrokes and Hear Keyboard Tap Sounds turned on. When I go to actually perform the recording, I do not hear the tapping sound, and when I look at my timeline later, a typing object has not been created. I used to be able to stop and re-start the recording and that would make the keystrokes be captured again, but now even that isn't working.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Jenn

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenn,

Make sure that Captivate 6 is updated to 6.0.1.240 or 6.1.0.319.

Run Adobe Captivate as administrator.

once again, check under edit > Preferences > Recording > Settings, and check Keystrokes option is checked and then record again.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Varun, when checking on both versions, often Typing objects are indeed not created at all. Did you try? I don't care that much because I prefer inserting either TEB's (for training) or Text animations.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am with you lieve, it does not create the typing objects in Software simulation demo. While recording in training or assessment it creates Text Entry Boxes for key strokes.

But as Jenn mentioned that she does not hear the tapping sound at the time of recording in Demo, but at my end I can hear the tapping sound while  recording.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am working in 6.0.1.240. I am running as administrator and the option is selected.

So, did we just agree that it is simply not working and I am out of luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 6.1 sometimes you get a Typing object, but I'm not often using Demo. The TEB's are now inserted properly (was not always the case in previous versions) in Training/Assessment.

In 6.0 Typing Objects are almost never inserted in Demo.

If she doesn't hear the tapping sound, maybe Captivate Preferences are getting corrupted?

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only relevance of the tapping sound is that when I don't hear it, I know that my Typing Object is not being created. I wouldn't care about the sound as long as the object was actually built.

I have deleted my preferences folder and it made no difference.

So, since I am working in 6.0, I should just accept that the Typing Objects have stopped working? I understand that Text Animations are an alternative, but I have used Typing Objects in the previous 6 classes, and would like to keep things consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources