• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.7.700.169 crashing when trying to connect Webcam in Adobe Connect 11.2 r261

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I discovered this week that I cannot connect my webcam to Adobe Connect anymore. The latter will stop working. If I uninstall Adobe Connect add-in I have the same problem but this time only the flash player crashes.

I tried Firefox 20.1 (latest release), have all the updates  on the Windows 7 Professional (x64), the latest Flash (as you see), the latest Adobe Connect Add-In and the Website runs Adobe Connect 9 as far as I know.

The webcam is working with other software (like skype or on Silverlight). Windows claims that the drivers für the webcam are up-to-date.

I tried to roll back changes on the computer (DELL Latitude E6410 if this is of relevance), installed an older version of Flash etc. etc. No change in the behaviour....

I found some discussions where an xsplit(something) was the problem. I have no xsplit installted.

There logs were asked for. Where do I find these?

I really hope that someone can help me since I need to work with this machine and with the AConnect in several projects. Webcam would really be a treat!

Best,

Konwill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Konwill,

I'm sorry you're going through this.  You might be running into a conflict with our Protected Mode which was introduced in Flash Player 11.4.  Could you please try the troubleshooting steps outlined in this FAQ:

How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

In particular, I'd recommend temporarily disabling protected mode (for troubleshooting purposes only) to see if that addresses the issue.

I'd also recommend giving another browser a shot to see if the crash reproduces there as well.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris,

thank you for your reply.

I did set the variable ProtectedMode=0 and no change in Firefox nor IE 10.0 - Flash is still crashing. Now without a report being available.

However, I downloaded Chrome and I could start my webcam in the Adobe Connect window while I did not have the Connect Add-in installed. Once I tried to share documents the Add-In installs and then this crashes when I try to to start my webcam.

Clipboard01.jpg

By the way, I did not have the Connect Add-in installed for IE nor Firefox when I started testing this morning. So Chrome seemed to be the only browser being able to handle the webcam through flash.

Do you have any other suggestions? I would be happy to provide logs but I am not sure where to find these or how to generate these...

Best Regards,

Konwill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Chris,

the problem still persists. Would you have other suggestions? I recently updated Firefox and Flashplayer which did not change the situation.

Best Regards

Konwill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.  I'll see if I can get someone from the connect team to chime in here.  Have you already posted about this on the connect forums?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Konwill,

As you said, this started happening recently only there must have been a change in Flash player with some update that could have caused this. Can you test your webcam on other FP based sites, so that we know that the issue is with FP or Connect. For instance, You can try to test your webcam at: www.testwebcam.com/‎

Please let us know if your webcam crashes while sharing there too. We may need FP/Addin logs from you then.

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris and Sameer,

thank you for getting back on this issue.

To answer your questions first:

- no, I have not posted this issue in the connect forums - I will do and point to this discussion

- Sameer, I have tested the webcam on the website you pointed out, it is not working with Firefox but it is working in Chrome

I also need to give you an update on the current versions I use:

Win 7 Pro (64bit) (all updates included)

Firefox 21.0

IE 10.0.9200.16576

Chrome  26.0.1410.64 m

Flash Player 11.7.700.202

Adobe Connect Addin 11.2 r261

I tested the webcam via FP with Firefox, IE and Chrome in the versions mentioned above. Only in Chrome I can run the WebCam on the www.testwebcam.com website. Once I start the adobe connect meeting and want to start the webcam the Connect Addin stops working with the popup as shown in post 3 of this discussion in all three browsers.

All components have been uninstalled and installed again (except for IE)  for testing with no change in the result. I have also rolled back the computer to the system recovery point furthest back in time to see if any other installation might be the cause. But no luck either.

I am happy to post the logs but would need advise where to find these or how to retrieve.

Thanks!

Konwill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aahh! That is what i thought. Problem is not with Adobe Connect but Flash Player and your webcam (i suppose it must be your inbuilt webcam, will appreciate if you can provide your hardware details too like Laptop model, external webcam(if any) etc). Anyways, you can follow steps mentioned here to enable flash logging on your system. Note you will require debug FP on your system and this wont start Connect addin logging for you (there is a separate procedure to enable that). Please let us know if you need any more info.

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sameer,

it is a DELL Latitude E6410 laptop with integrated camera.

I tried to plugin a Logitech Communicate STX - installed all recent drivers etc - but this did not work at all. Maybe the STX is too old...

In a free minute I will check out the debug FP installation and procedures and post the logs as soon as I can.

Thanks for now.

What puzzles me is that it works with Chrome as long as the Connect Addin is NOT installed!

Konwill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Konwill,

Could you provide this info if your chrome is using PPAPI?

also if possible give information by using both NPAPI and PPAPI in chrome.

you can check that by  typing : chrome://plugins/ in chrome and search Adobe Flash Player and then verify the behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Snikhil123,

I tested Chrome with PPAPI deactivated (only NPAPI activated) on the testwebcam page and the result was that I get a banner saying that Shockwave Flash has crashed.

When swapping the activations - PPAPI active / NPAPI deactivated - the webcam is starting without a problem.

Just a follow up.

What also happens is that I have a mixed German/English setting in programms. When the settings window of FP appears in German it works fine! Once it appears in Englisch it FP crashes. Firefox is an English version and Chrome a German version. No clue if this has something to do with the issue.

Regards,

Konwill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@konwill - Please open a new bug report on this issue over at bugbase.adobe.com. The following FAQ will walk you through the information we'll need and instructions for generating a crash log (if applicable):

How do I report a Flash Player crash to Adobe?

Once the bug has been added, please post back with the bug URL or bug number so that others effected can add their comments and votes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2013 May 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris and all interested followers of the discussion,

I have filed a bug under

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3567274

for those who want to followup on this issue.

I will try now to create the logs as mentioned by Sameer.

konwill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sameer,

I have downloaded and configured the debug version of FP and visited the www.testwebcam.com site again.

Below is the log of the flash player:

Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'out'

Warning: 'out' has no property 'text'

Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'cameraSettings'

Warning: 'System' has no property '_visible'

Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'microphoneSettings'

Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'privacy'

Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'cameraSettings'

Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'microphoneSettings'

Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'privacy'

Warning: 'out' has no property 'text'

Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'butt_video'

Warning: 'butt_video' has no property 'useHandCursor'

Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'label'

Warning: '_parent' has no property 'text'

Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'iHi'

Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'butt_Advanced'

Warning: 'butt_Advanced' has no property 'label'

Warning: Reference to undeclared variable, 'butt_Advanced'

Warning: 'butt_Advanced' has no property 'label'

Hope that this gives some clues.

Regards,

Konwill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Konwill,

Please attach the logs in the bug that you logged. Somebody from flash player team will take a look and fix the issue.

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same problem, unfortunately it really removes a great feature in Adobe Connect. Has there been any news on a possible fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi michaeltowse,

Can you please add the logs in the bug: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3567274 so that somebody from FP team can have a look. please follow the steps mentioned in above posts to configure debug FP.

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Micheal,

i have not fixed the problem so far.

I have run all the updates of FP (in version 11,7,700,202) and the Connect Add-in (version now 11.2-r362) but the web-cam does not work when I have the add-in running.

I can run the web-cam with Chrome when having the Add-in not installed at all. But I blieve then it uses the Chrome Flash Machine (or what ever this is) and not the Adobe FP.

I have also not got any response after I have posted the logs above. Looking at these they are indeed quite vague in what they provide.

Best,

konwill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will sounds strange konwill, but do you happen to have Adobe Captivate 4 installed. I removed this and my integrated webcam worked.

Worked on a colleagues laptop who was also experiencing the exact same issue. Worth a go...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi michaeltowse,

thanks for this hint!

It works now again. Eventhough I started usign Connect much later that I had installed Captivate and it did work at the beginning! So this is something Adobe needs to check now....

Best,

KonWill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi konwill and michaeltowse,

Thats a precious piece of information. May be a particular build of addin is crashing when Captivate is installed on a system. Can you please specify the Captivate version on your systems? Also, i guess you must be having the latest build of addin with you now (if you are a hosted customer). Please specify the addin build too.

Thanks again!

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Captivate versions 4, 5.5 and 6 on my machine. I was only required to remove CP4.

I also installed the latest Connect Addin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sameer,

I had only Captivate 4 installed. Which build  and which update state it was in I can not tell anymore as I did the uninstall.

Problems for me only started with the versions of flash and connect mentioined at the very first post of this discussion.

Cheers,

Konwill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are there any updates on this issue? I am experiencing the same thing with my Connect crashing with the 'Adobe Connect Add-In' has stopped working message whenever I try to start my webcam. It worked the very first time that I tried it in Connect (last Friday), but now anytime I try it it crashes before anything even shows up on screen. I do have Captivate installed on my computer (Version 4.0.0 Build 1596). Is there a solution available that does not require uninstalling Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines