• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS7

Guide ,
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using the Master collection CS5, and I am thinking to upgrade to CS6 or CS6.5 the current versions.

I heard Adobe is  coming up with  CS7...  Is it going to be Master Collection CS7 ?

Also I heard you have to pay a monthly fee..  Is that true ?

Please let me know

Thanks

Simon..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will never be a CS7.  It will be called Photoshop 14.x and will be released as Photoshop CC on June 17.

Yes, it will be by subscription only and you lose all rights to the license if you ever discontinue the mothly rental fee payments,  At the end you have nothing.

CS6 will continue to be sold as the only perpetual license, as it is now.  No updates or bg fixes.  At one point it won't work with newer operating systems.

Welcome to the world of the Adobe monopoly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are they doing this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because they can.

They'll make a lot more money.

As you can gather, we area all users like you in these forums.

Do a forum and a Google search; this topic has been rehashed ad nauseam.

In short, if we are not the type of user to whom this subscription model appeals, Adobe doesn't want us as customers in the future.  Period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is doing this more reasons than money. But most people don't understand logistics at a certain level and can't see or value a point of view that doesn't directly impact them for better or for worse. That being said there are several advantages to the Creative Cloud model, but again if people decided "Well that doesn't apply to me, or I don't care about any of that" there is nothing to be done about their opinion, but that doesn't change the merits of what is being done, or the value it has to the rest of the user base or the industry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're just trying to copy Microsoft. All indications are that Microsoft is doing well with this ridiculous subscription policy. I believe it's a short-sighted view because there are a lot of machines that won't get the update and eventually we're going to soon get smaller and she's in the marketplace little word processors little spreadsheets and they will start infringing on that market of Microsoft. Same thing for Adobe there's already tools that match acrobat for most users not everybody needs the high-end intense capabilities of CS6..

We might just need to have acrobat with basic editing. Well you don't need to buy the whole sweet for that you can get a small package that has that capability and you can make PDFs you can print you can do everything but it won't cost you a lot alike updates you get everything. More of those come out bit by bit they're losing market share and eventually they got to go under. Software piracy is like illegal immigration it helps to build the market it creates a need because the people who temporarily pirate the software will it actually pay for it volume.

Private users  illegally using one or two licenses doesn't have anybody.  What it does do is build a mean it's great Proficiency in a tool and then when they're in the office or somewhere commercial they will need to buy it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do realize you're replying to a 5 year old thread and I can't figure out what you're trying to say

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
not everybody needs the high-end intense capabilities of CS6..

How many people actually need cars with 4x4 capabilities?

And how many buy them nonetheless? 

Software piracy is like illegal immigration it helps to build the market it creates a need because the people who temporarily pirate the software will it actually pay for it volume.

I dislike the term »software piracy« but it seems to be very efficient branding.

»Piracy« used to describe a crime of violence – involving the application of force or at least its threat (including bodily harm).

In contrast the unlicensed use of software would rather deserve to be considered as a form of property offence. 

But »piracy« makes it sound so much more drastic, doesn’t it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2013 May 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

station_two wrote:

CS6 will continue to be sold as the only perpetual license, as it is now.  No updates or bg fixes.

I don't think you can say that with authority.  Oops, I see Jeff already has corrected you.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Far from me to pretend to be an authority.

Besides, nobody "corrected" me.  Jeff wrote of bug fixes—please construe my "bg" typo as big fixes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want my software I dont want the cloud. Microsoft has a cloud for its office products but it gives clients a choice. Adobe is we dont care what you think its my way or the highway. Im looking for alternatives. Hey Corel is welcoming CS users http://www.corel.com/corel/pages/index.jsp?pgid=14900014

At first I thought I was the only one going mental on there putting a gun to my head and saying its this or walk. Im glad to see there are others that have concerns and the community is looking at picking a good alternative to this highway robbery.

earl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late to the party, but never knew CC actually completely overtook CS... I figured CS7 would be coming out this year or so for the next batch of preceptual licenses for the software. The company I work for does work for the MOD are our security stops us from being connected to the internet in the production place. Guess we stay with CS6 for a while longer then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ricky-T  There are options for large enterprises to customize CC so that it fits within your security guidelines.  There is a app packager that allows your IT folks to load just what they want to have loaded on your computers.  We're also very slow in adopting this, as our company moves like a giant freighter, but there are things in place for companies with restrictive work environments - including no internet access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your company could probably add a proxy-server or firewall rules to allow CC to connect to what it needs to:

http://helpx.adobe.com/edge-animate/kb/edge-animate-proxy-issues.html

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5516569#5516569

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Station_Two has covered the high points (or maybe "low points") of the future of Adobe software, Ps included.

Ps CS 6 is the end of the line. Adobe stopped shipping boxes with physical media a while back. They were advertising that they would continue to provide the CS 6 programs via download, but I have not seen a cut-off date for that.

The CS 6 programs are still available, but in limited quantities. One user in the Premiere Pro Forum just bought a boxed version of CS 6 Production Premium (Ps, AI, PrPro, After Effects, etc.) from B&H Photo, and it was one of last boxes that they had.

As for upgrades, along with the upgrade path (which versions one can upgrade FROM - this changed recently), one might find a few of those available too, but they need to check that they have a qualifying product - remember, that just changed.

I do not know if Adobe is still selling upgrades to their CS 6 programs via download, but again, and if they are, I would act quickly, as EVERYTHING will be CC (Creative Cloud) licensing very soon - June 17th has been announced. I would assume that at that time, Adobe will completely discontinue everything related to CS 6 programs.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill Hunt wrote:

I do not know if Adobe is still selling upgrades to their CS 6 programs via download, but again, and if they are, I would act quickly, as EVERYTHING will be CC (Creative Cloud) licensing very soon - June 17th has been announced. I would assume that at that time, Adobe will completely discontinue everything related to CS 6 programs.

Bad info Hunt...Adobe has (repeatably) stated that while there will be no further upgrades to CS6 other than bug fixes and OS required mantainance updates, all of the CS6 products will contintue to be sold and supported for the forseeable future.

It's only CC products that will be getting new features into the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Thank you for the correction. So it is ONLY the boxed physical media, that will no longer be available, and that the download versions (full, or upgrade), will continue to be sold, even after the full release of the CC licensing?

Do you happen to have a link to that statement?

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imagine even the DVD in the box will be available from resellers as long as they have any left in stock.

However, the concern about PhotoshopCS6 in the future remains that it may not be able to open files created in later CC versions without some alteration or discarding of some  data.

Jeff is right, of course, I'm just not in a position to hunt down a link for you right now.  I still owe Jeff a list of hard-to-see screenshots of dark-interface Photoshop windows in his book, which I have begun compiling as requested.

Message was edited by: station_two

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill Hunt wrote

download versions (full, or upgrade), will continue to be sold, even after the full release of the CC licensing?

Do you happen to have a link to that statement?

Hi Bill,

See http://www.adobe.com/products/cs6.html

"While Adobe Creative Suite® 6 products will continue to be available for purchase, Adobe has no plans for future releases of Creative Suite or other CS products."

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

For how long will Adobe continue to sell Creative Suite 6?

We plan to sell Creative Suite 6 for use on supported platforms indefinitely. To learn more visit: http://www.adobe.com/products/cs6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 26, 2013 May 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Hunt.

I am a little confuse... If I want to purchase CS6, I have to purchase the Master collection, Because I also use other Adobe products such as

PrPro, After Effects and others. If there will no Boxed product (Downloadable Only) then what is the problem with that ?

I heard Adobe CC is going to be $19.99 a month am I correct ?

What If I need the "Master  Collections CC" or "Creative Suite CC Collections", How much that will be ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC (only) is $19.99/month (available for 1 year based on a year subscription at a special of $9.99/month).

The full suite of apps for all of the CC is $49.99

(CS special price of $29.99 for 1 year for CS3, 4, 5/5.5 $19.99 for CS6 users).

If you want further info, see here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr.Jeff

So If I want the whole Suite since I am a CS5 user, I have to pay $29.99, and that is Downloadable only no box am I correct ?

What If I want the full year subscription , is it going to be cheaper than $29.99 ?

So Technically, we are Leasing the software rather than Own it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically you have never owned the software.  You have paid to be granted rights to use it (see the End User License Agreement, or EULA for short).  In the past, those rights to use the software extended into the future indefinitely.  With the cloud subscription they do not.

Practically, it means that if you join the Creative Cloud, then ultimately stop the subscription, you will no longer have the use of the software, even though you may have assets (data files) only it can read - unless of course you join again.

FYI, I believe the "upgrade special monthly pricing" is for the first year only.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

animationlife wrote:

Mr.Jeff

So If I want the whole Suite since I am a CS5 user, I have to pay $29.99, and that is Downloadable only no box am I correct ?…

Yes, no box.  A subscription is just that: a subscription that expires when the payments stop.  The End.

animationlife wrote:

…What If I want the full year subscription , is it going to be cheaper than $29.99 ?

No, that is the monthly price for the suite if you commit for a whole year, and that price is for just the first year.  It goes to $49.99 per month after that, and after the second year it can go as high as Adobe wants.

animationlife wrote:

…So Technically, we are Leasing the software… ?

Not just "technically", but factually, as per contract, and legally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, It is $29.99 a Month. And release date is June 17. So, what If you purchase it before June 17th, are you going to miss special updates or plug-ins?

Is it better to purchase on or after June 17th ?

The cloud storage,,, is it an extra storage for your files on the server ?

What if you don't want to put your files in the server, you want to keep them In your Hard Drive only.

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines