Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open project

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2007 Feb 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having two different problems to Adobe Robohelp HTML X5

(1) When opening a project (previously created in the Robohelp HTML X5) from my networked drive i can see all the folders and topics i have created in the Project tab. If i select to view them they are displayed correctly. If however i want to edit them, that is a different matter altogether. Double clicking a topic or selecting 'Edit' does absolutely nothing - the text is not displayed in the right hand side of the window like i am used to and i am unable to find a way to edit the information at all.

(2) Thinking that this may be a network problem i have copied the entire directory for my C drive - now when opening the same file from the C drive i get the following error: 'Open project was cancelled or application was unable to load database for "C:\MyCvs\src\helptext\ISM.cpd' - the file ISM.cpd is in the required directory.

Please help, i am unable to get started with anything !!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2007 Feb 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
One problem I think. RH is not designed to be run across a network so it has probably corrupted a file that is now giving you the problem on the local drive.

See the topic on my site about Opening Projects. I think you need to delete the CPD file at least and perhaps the XPJ file.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp