• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Many Payments Do I Have To Make Before Photoshop Is Mine?

New Here ,
May 25, 2013 May 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there I have a question regarding how to pay for Photoshop cs6 Standard. So my question is if I buy Photoshop cs6 standard and choose the 1 year plan to pay, after that one year is over what happens to my Photoshop? Does it get taken off my computer? Can I not use it anymore? Or do I get to keep Photoshop forever? And I have an aditional question. Is there a way that I can buy an earlier version like cs5 and if so does it cost less money than cs6? I would really appreciate someone to take their time to awnser this. Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 25, 2013 May 25, 2013

Subscriptions are subscriptions - you pay what you use. When you don't pay, the program stops working. And no, you cannot buy older versions from Adobe. You could try finding one on eBay or wherever, but there's always the risk of being scammed...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscriptions are subscriptions - you pay what you use. When you don't pay, the program stops working. And no, you cannot buy older versions from Adobe. You could try finding one on eBay or wherever, but there's always the risk of being scammed...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your help so as long as I live and have Photoshop on my computer, I will still have to keep paying each month? (Sorry I just want to clearify.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still purchase CS6 as a download from Adobe and some supply channels may still have stock of the physical discs. This option is an install that will always keep working unless at somepoint in the future your operating system no longer supports CS6.

If you sign up for the Creative Cloud and make monthly or yearly payments, as soon as you stop paying and the period for which you are paid through is over, the software stops working. Your only option at that point would be to reinstate your payments in order to reactivate the software or sign up again and make payments.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 26, 2013 May 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MVP?

Mylenium wrote:

Subscriptions are subscriptions - you pay what you use. When you don't pay, the program stops working.

The question was about CS6 standard not about CC.

Mylenium wrote:

And no, you cannot buy older versions from Adobe. You could try finding one on eBay or wherever, but there's always the risk of being scammed...

And yes, we can still purchase from Adobe a perpetual license for PS CS6. At least until mid-june.

Please don't add misinformation to an already confusing situation. Especially as an MVP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samoreen,

Re-read both the OP and the reply, please.  There is indeed confusion, but also on your part.

The original poster wrote: "my question is if I buy Photoshop cs6 standard and choose the 1 year plan to pay, after that one year is over what happens to my Photoshop?"  Anyone who "chooses the 1 year plan" is indeed choosing the cloud subscription to CS6, which will morph into CC on June 17, not a perpetual license.  That license would expire as soon as payments are no longer made.

A perpetual license to CS6 can be bought even after June 17 and for the foreseeable future, but not "on a one-year plan".

Let's not attack forum contributors for no good reason.

Yes we are all upset, and tonight there's a full moon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Samoreen, Seems like you've misunderstood the original question(s) and Mylenium's (correct) response.

The first question talks about choosing the 1 year plan to pay - that's the subscription option.

The second question talks about buying CS5 perpetual (not CS6 perpetual). CS5 perpetual is no longer available from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for the inadequate post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's amazing how much confusion still stands around the Creative Cloud.  The FAQ answers all your questions:

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dunno but I have the same question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it not answered in this discussion?

What are you unclear on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much is the total annual pay?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the Adobe Cloud plans page

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe currently has a special offer expiring 27 Nov:

All Apps, annual plan, prepaid US$479.88

All Apps, annual plan, paid monthly $39.99/month x 12 months = $479.88

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annual contract, paid monthly

Service begins as soon as your initial payment is processed. You’ll be

charged the rate stated at the time of purchase, plus applicable taxes

(such as value added tax when the stated rate doesn’t include VAT), every

month for the duration of your annual contract. If the applicable VAT rate

(or other included tax or duty) changes during your one-year term, the

tax-inclusive price will adjust accordingly. Your contract will renew

automatically, on your annual renewal date, until you cancel. Renewal rates

are subject to change, but we’ll always notify you beforehand. If you

cancel within 14 days of your order, you’ll be fully refunded. Should you

cancel after 14 days, you’ll be charged 50% of your remaining contract

obligation and your service will continue until the end of that month’s

billing period. Cancellations can be made any time by visiting your Manage

Account <https://www.adobe.com/go/acctmgmt_plan> page or by contacting

{Adobe customer service} in your region.

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 11:11 AM, John Waller <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man i thought you could just download Photoshop as a single thing for one set price, but instead they give you that stuff saying you gotta constantly pay for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer sells a serial number version of Photoshop, you must buy a subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's like a cellphone contract. (And like a mobile phone contract you agree to pay for a whole year but pay monthly; if you walk away early you still have to keep your promise to pay for the year)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe is a scam I have to pay £30 for something that I want to cancel and I don't even get to keep it afterwards???  Better with GIMP if you ask me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines