• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Adobe Flash and RealPlayer (and maybe also this old man)

Explorer ,
May 25, 2013 May 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir,

I have been having problems with Firefox as my browser and on the Adobe help site answer it says:

If RealPlayer is installed on your system, please disable the RealPlayer Browser Record plug-in.

1. Launch RealPlayer
  2. Click the RealPlayer icon in the upper left corner of the window and choose Preferences.
  3. Choose Download & Recording from the left hand panel
  4. Uncheck "Enable Web Download & Recording for these installed browsers"
  5. Click OK and close RealPlayer
  6. Restart Firefox

The only problem is now that I have downloaded the latest version of RealPlayer, following your instructions above, I can do 1,2 and then I have a problem as in the left hand panel there is no "Enable Web Download & Recording for these installed browsers. What it does offer is:

General - playback settings

Connection - internet,proxy, network transports

Library

CD

DVD

Content - Media Types

Automatic Services - Auto Update, Message Centre

Hardware

Accessories

Recording

I had originally needed to do this (i.e. uncheck etc...) as Firefox was freezing. At the moment I don't know if it is freezing again. I just downloaded the latest RealPlayer and attempted to follow your earlier instructions.

I am so sorry to take your time again. I am an old computer user and not really with it all. Can you help me please?

Thank you so much.

Anthony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2013 May 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds awkward, but you really need a different group of experts. Many people get Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash Player mixed up, because they are both from Adobe and both free, but they are quite separate. Hopefully someone can move this to the Adobe Flash Player forum, but if that doesn't happen I recommend you ask there. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Flash Player version?  There was a problem with an earlier 11.x Flash Player version and RealPlayer, but that should not be a problem any more with the 11.7 version.

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.7.700.202 is the version I am using of Flash Player. It appears from your answer that I am not going to have the problem any more. Thus it does not matter that I can't get "Enable Web Download & Recording" . So where I used to have to fix the problem, now I don't. Does that make sense?

Pat, thank you so much for your advice. I do appreciate it enormously. If you see this question on the forum for Adobe Flash it is because I just put it there as the answer above, told me to do so.

So, could you confirm with me that I needn't worry?

Thanks and kind regards,

Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing to worry about, but don't hesitate to come back if you experience any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines