• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

converting bbcode into HTML

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2007 Feb 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious of how one would approach this.

i'm trying to convert bbcode to its HTML equivalent on the fly from a mySQL 5 db into a MS-SQL 2005 db.

Consequently, I need to catch a few basic instances (b, i, u, url, img, etc.) and past them thru to clean . . .convert stuff like
something here and convert it into its standard tag in HTML

any takers?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2007 Feb 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the REPLACE command. Make your entire block of code into a string variable and then REPLACE. It will take a number of steps but that is about all you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2007 Feb 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
yeah. . .i tried a few things with Replace and ReplaceList. . . it was barking on the [ and the ] . I took a peek at the db did ran a few queries to see how much data was there. Me and a co-worker agreed that time would be better spent with a browser's view source and a grid. . .than trying to figure out something that would just be cool for just this one thing. . .

but non-the-less, I really do appreciate the respond Dinghus. (thumbs up)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation