• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way of password protecting a help file, or giving it an expiry date?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2008 Jun 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We supply our software (written in VBA/VB6 and C++) with yearly license keys. Ideally we want our help file to be inaccessible once these keys have expired.

Is there any way of achieving this with Robohelp?

We also need some of the help file to be accessible via links from custom excel functions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jkwe ghksjghd ks and welcome to the RH community.

There is no way of doing this from within RH but perhaps your application can do this in the same way that some trial versions cease after a set period. The issue here is that if a user navigated to the help file manually, could they open it. Again perhaps there is something your application can do here but the file would remain on the user's PC. Is there a business reason why the help shouldn't be viewed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click here for a password protect option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main reason for protecting the help file is for business purposes. We will be documenting a lot of the custom excel functions and mathematical formulas behind them.

An unprotected help file could potentially be a Software Specification for competitors so something we'd like to avoid.

Apologies for the slightly unusual forum name - everything i tried had been taken!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: jkwe ghksjghd ks
Apologies for the slightly unusual forum name - everything i tried had been taken!

I did wonder. It looks like my typing after a heavy night

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp