• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integration of WebHelp

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2006 Dec 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have prepared a webHelp project in RoboHelp X5 using HTML, to integrate with the WebApplication.

I have auto generated Map IDs in the RoboHelp to integrate with web application.

If javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, "WebHelp/Welocme.htm>First", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 7) is used for displaying help corresponding to Map Id 7. The help is displayed with Show link. I am able to see the TOC (Navigation Pane) only when clicked on Show link.

Please let me know if there is any option either in Jave Script or in Project Settings that display the synchronized TOC
directly with the selected Topic/defined mapID.

Awaiting for swift responses.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 18, 2006 Dec 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First you should decide whether you want the navigation pane to show every time.

One of our colleagues wanted some links from the main application to show the topic only, and some the whole frame set. I believe the consensus was that you would need developers to build two different calls in the main app.

CSH was built to satisfy a need to show the topic only, leaving it to the user when, if ever, to show the nav pane.

If you want WebHelp always to open with navpane and a specific topic, please post back. There's a long discussion history in this forum, and a suggested way to do it, but with a drawback to two.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2006 Dec 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Harvey. I shall look into the archives and try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2007 Jan 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pshiva:
I also want WebHelp always to open with navpane and a specific topic with the application. Have you found out how to make this happen? Can you email me and let me know how it is done...or point me to the archive where I can find the instructions?
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 02, 2007 Jan 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've replied to dukeofbroadway offline.

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2007 Feb 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know as well. Please email me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2007 Feb 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leon,

Please email the instructions to me also.

Liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 07, 2007 Feb 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Start Page" that you identify at the top of the first window in the Generate process is the page that will contain all the frameset and navigation display instructions. That page establishes multiple browser configurations and any skin parameters you've created, and serves as a pointer to the "Default Page" (also identified in the first Generate window), which serves as your "Home" page.

If an application call to the help is made through this Start Page, the topic will be displayed within the frameset environment. If it is made without that "filtering," it will apear as a standalone entitiy.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2007 Feb 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leon
Could you please send me the instructions for launching my CSH topics without the Contents & Print link and instead launch the CSH topic complete with the TOC? Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear on what you mean by "without the Contents & Print link and instead...complete with the TOC."

Besides, I have no special instructions for you. Very simply, my only job as the writer is to prepare the WebHelp; our developers take care of the application's help calls. As long as they follow the guidelines I stated in my previous post, everything is beautiful. If not, chaos ensues.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you Leon for your input. I apologize for confusing you, what I wanted to do was skip the "Show" link at the top of the Context Sensitive Help page, and instead display it with the Table of Contents and the Navigation Bar. I see this is a popular topic on the forum and have since visited Peter Grainge's web site explaining how to do this. I see it is contingent upon replacing map ID's with URL topics with alternating question marks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leon
Could you please send me the instructions for launching my CSH topics without the Contents & Print link and instead launch the CSH topic complete with the TOC? Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp