• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my adobe reader XI can't print for windows 7

May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my operat system is windows 7 professional 32bits

i can print other document example word excel outlook...

but if i use adobe reader XI to print PDF document ..no any response from my print

i'm sure i didn't choice print file to document

anyone else has any same question?

i'm try to downgrade to adobe reader X . it's working can print document.  but it's still can't print in a few days later

i uninstall the software and reinstall the software and i delete all adobe document date file

still can't print the document . how should i fix it this problem. thanks all ~~~

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please explain clearly what happens when you try to print a PDF doc using Adobe Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just can not print PDF file

but i can print word excel powerpoint~

only Adobe Reader PDF file can't print (i don't install adobe acrobat)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please describe as to what happens after you click the print button on Adobe Reader?

Does the job go to the printer queue or not? you may check this from the printer queue on the system.

Does it show the printing progress dialog example "dialog showing printing page 1 of 2" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i click the print button ..it's show print page infromation. click the print, print page disappear and  no any resopnse

watch the printer queue ..not show any message in printing progress dialog

need take pic upload to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly upload the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i choice print

print1.JPG

when click the print button

print2.JPG

and check print progress dialog no any print item list

print3.JPG

this is print and print progress dialog

print4.JPG

have any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try to repair Adobe Reader?

Go to Help->Repair Adobe Reader installation

I hope you are using Adobe Reader version 11.0.3. You may check the same from Help->About Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was repaired...but no any help

and I install Adobe Reader version 11.0.3..it's still same problem

evon I downgrade to version 9 still same...

so have any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2013 Jun 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try disabling the "enable protected mode at start up" option from Edit-->Preferences-> Click on "Security Enhanced" (left side pane) ?

Do not forget to re-start reader after you do this. Let me know if that resolves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK

i disabling the "enable protected mode at start up" 

it's working~ can print document

thanks .

but why other pc has enable the option can print

just this pc can't print? this question no need must answer

but i still want to know if you have answer?

thanks~~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please re-enable the setting again and re-launch the Adobe Reader to verify issue still occurs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Your Answer helped me too:

I have Windows 7 Pro SP2 32bit

I currently have Adobe Reader X 10.1.4 However, I downgraded from the current most recent version of Adobe Reader XI 11.0.04 when I discovered the issue.

Do you know if this issue will be fixed? What are the ramifications of turning off Protected Mode?

Thanks Again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I follow your steps but I still can't print.

My issue is, I sent the print and everything looks fine until this window showed up

Sin título.png

And just that, nothing else happened.

What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Atul,

I was experiencing the same issue with someone that I was helping. Disabling Protected Mode did fix the issue. Re-enabling it did re-exert the issue. The person I was helping chose to leave Protected Mode off. I am unable to do further testing but wanted to let you know it was still an issue after re-enabling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2014 May 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue with a customer of mine. Disabling Protected Mode fixed the issue. Are there any downside with leaving it disabled that I need to be aware of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you it fixed my same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VERY frustrating. Just upgraded to Reader XI and now, I can't print to my printer. It only prints to a .pm file. Did the repair and nothing helped. Tried to find "enable protected mode at start up" option from Edit-->Preferences-> Click on "Security Enhanced" (left side pane) ? but it's not there.

Here's what I get:

and then

Won't print to printer. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I'm using Windows 10 and have never had trouble until the upgrade to Abode Reader XI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Advanced button in the print dialog and make sure that the Print to File option is not selected.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop asking inane questions. The programme has a major fault and Adobe is not trying to fix it. You have a register of all users so why hasnt the programming been fixed and sent to all your customers automatically?

All we get on this forum is technical jargon wanting specific .## versions of this or that to clarify what is a simple issue. The programme wont print because we cant select a page - ergo fix the pop-up print panel coding.

Also would you please talk to someone about the "Survey pop-up" on these pages. Last time I tried to post it was offset on the page with no cancel X and could not be removed from the screen - more f.....g time wasting!!!!!

I have contracts worth $$$$$k that cannot be signed because they can't be printed. PDF used to be gbreat - now it is a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing Hansen.  I made a word document with the Acrobat XI and put on 6 slides a page, and pressed print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the printing issues with "print to PDF" started with the patch Adobe had to do for extreme security issues.  Ever since I updated with the patch my "print to PDF" has not worked.  Somone at Adobe need to fix it or I doubt any other solution will work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem and turning off protected mode is not working.

I have a project due in 48 hrs and my documents are in PDF format.

How could Adobe make a change to the largest portable digital format and not test it?

Now what do we do?

The program is now so secure that even users can't use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the openGL program PDFCreator and it works wonderfully...if adobe fixes it I will start to use adobe again...until then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines