• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running CHM File on Windows Vista

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2007 Feb 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried running my compiled CHM help files and get the following message: "Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000." Does anyone know why I am getting this error? The chm files were created using RoboHelp HTML.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2007 Feb 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dpayne608

One thing you can try is to download and install the HTML Help Workshop (HHW) and just compile your project using it. Then see if the project exhibits issues. If not, you know RoboHelp is doing something funky with the code. Maybe even it's because of the HHActiveX.DLL file involved.

If you still see issues, I'd create a very basic and small project. Then see if it works without Vista quibbling.

Not sure if I've offered any real help here. But maybe it wil spawn an idea or two.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2007 Feb 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually tried 3 diiferent CHM files (one which is very basic) that are now working on Windows XP but all 3 receive the same error message when running on Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2007 Mar 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi there,

I'm a tech writer who uses Robohelp 5. I'll be working on an HTML project that has to run on Vista. (I don't have to create the Help on Vista, I just need to be able to run the chm file.) Were you able to get your chm to run on Vista? If not, what Help solution are you trying? Thanks -- Kathe at RSA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2007 Feb 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have access to another Vista PC that you can test your CHMs on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp