Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics show up as missing in project - but display in webhelp and TOC

New Here ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have opened up a RH 8 project for the first time in RH 10. A few topics show up with a red 'X' on them, meaning, as far as I understand, that they're missing. I can't open these up to edit them, however, they show up OK in the generatet webhelp. So I'm wondering why RoboHelp is failing to find these files and how I can resolve this.

I found a similar thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/771421, but unlike that situation, my topics *are* showing up in the TOC.

When I look in the folder that holds the source topics, I see this topic there, and I can open the HTM file.

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing in RH.robohelp.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the beginning you say you cannot open the files and later you say when you look in the folder you can open them. I think in the second case you are talking about Windows Explorer rather than Rh? Otherwise I am confused.

In Rh you need to import the file again and it should be OK.

You could try trashing the CPD as an alternative first.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I mean that I can't open the files to edit them in RH, but yes, they display well in Explorer or Chrome.

When I try to import the relevant HTM file, I get this message:

The file "C:\Users\maayli01\Documents\Docs\Online Help\rsas_Windows-html.css" does not exist on disk.

Successfully copied the file C:\Users\maayli01\Documents\Docs\Online Help\Netview Help - all changes\ChangeGenInfo.htm

Successfully copied the file C:\Users\maayli01\Documents\Docs\Online Help\Netview Help - all changes\profilegeneral.gif

Some of the imported files contained references to files which were copied to the project folder. The appropriate references were automatically updated in the files.

What do you mean by trashing the CPD? Can you explain briefly?

Thanks for your help,

Limor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message is simply telling you what Rh has done with associated files. As long as it imported the file OK, that's the objective.

The CPD is a cache where Rh stores project information. It can be deleted via Windows Explorer or by telling Rh to always delete it on opening a project. That is done in Tools > Options.

Sometimes the cache gets mixed up and you have to delete it when Rh rebuilds it from other files.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Well. a combination of both seemed to do the trick: I flushed the CPD, and then reopened the project. The topic was still showing up as missing in RH, so I deleted it and then imported it. Works now - I can edit the topic. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it just means trashing the CPD did not help, it was just the reimport that fixed it.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, well, not an expert here. Good to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

In this situation you can also use my free Missing topics fix script: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/product/missing-topics-fixer

This quickly regenerates your RoboHelp project and missing topics that are still on disk are readded to the project. (Make a backup first though!)

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp