• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player w/Windows 7 HomeI can install Flash Player and everything works until I shut computer o

New Here ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can install Flash Player and everything works until I shut computer off.  When I start it up Player will not work and I have to reinstall it. When it is working in Control Panel under Programs Remove the Player icon is red.  When it is not working the icon is in white. Help!   Cliff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

irisheyesaresmilingiris wrote:

When it is working in Control Panel under Programs Remove the Player icon is red.  When it is not working the icon is in white.

I have seen similar problems many times in this forum, but your observation is new to me.

Can you provide a pair of screenshots of these?  See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Pat Willener created the discussion

"Re: Flash Player w/Windows 7 HomeI can install Flash Player and everything works until I shut computer o"

To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5360525#5360525

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha - that is really interesting!  The icon is gone, so something is missing somewhere...

Can you tell me what files you have in folder C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash (after a restart)?

Also in C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash (if you are on a 64-bit system).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macromed Flash.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is there that should be there.  Can you also list the files in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 64-bit system which I sent you in No.5 on May 30,2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't installed the flash player for a few days and now I can't pull up the C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

irisheyesaresmilingiris wrote:

I can't pull up the C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash

I don't understand this; does it mean the entire folder is gone?

How about C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash - I still need to know its contents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Macromed file is missing in both system32 & syswow64 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have absolutely no explanation for this; the only thing I can think of is malware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines