• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade from RH8 to RH10 formatting

New Here ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We upgraded from RH8 to RH10 and some of the topics are not formatted. (1484 topics) There is alot of extra spacing inbetween bullets and alpha numbering.

For example:

<ol style="list-style: decimal;">

<li style="list-style: none; display: inline;"><ol start="1" style="list-style: decimal;">

<li class="p" style="list-style: lower-alpha;"><p style="margin-left: 0px;"><span

style="margin-left: 48px;">Enter a <span style="font-weight: bold;">Business

Name</span>, if applicable. This field is not required if you

are not establishing a business account and when you provide a

first and last name. The value entered is displayed on the customer's

invoice and is limited to 30 alphanumeric characters.</span></p></li>

</ol></li>

What do I need to eliminate in the HTML code? And is there a way to programatically remove all the extra spaces?

Thank-you,

Michelle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

I think your problem is because you are generating to a network drive. You should generate to a local drive and publish to a network drive.

I changed your start page in the project you sent to index.htm as I don't like having a start page with the same name as a topic and generated to a local drive.

Works fine. Correct formatting.

Also I would avoid spaces in a CSS file name.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you seeing this in the RH topic or the produced help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this in the RH Topic after I click the eyeglasses icon to view as generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's not exactly accurate - try generating some help & having a look at it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We generated RH10 and the formatting is different along with the font style, appears to be Times New Roman instead of Verdana across the board. Heading 1 and Heading 2 are black instead of royal blue. The popups are are not grabbing the skin and have a smaller font.

We have a custom 'infostyle' style that is not displaying the box with the checkmark in the center:

p.Infostyle {

vertical-align: Super;

text-indent: ;

background-repeat: No-Repeat;

padding-left: 40px;

background-position: Left Top;

list-style: ;

margin-top: 15pt;

margin-bottom: 12pt;

letter-spacing: normal;

font-style: normal;

margin-left: 57px;

line-height: Normal;

padding-right: 1px;

padding-top: 4px;

padding-bottom: 5px;

text-align: left;

font-weight: normal;

background-image: url(checkbox.bmp);

Note: We are using RoboSource to refresh our hard drives. After the upgrade an error is displaying after we refresh -- something about the rhscreens.apj. Clicked 'OK' twice to get into the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In other words, my style sheet is fine until I generate the help file and then the style sheet changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you have not selected a stylesheet to in the single source layout that is overriding the topic CSS.

Make sure the Apply to all Topics check box is not selected.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The generator is still changing my .CSS even after unchecking the 'apply to all topics' checkbox. Do I need to get rid of the Master Page .htt? Each topic has a Master Page and the .CSS applied to it. 

Same issue:

The formatting is different along with the font style, appears to be Times New Roman instead of Verdana across the board. Heading 1 and Heading 2 are black instead of royal blue. The popups are are not grabbing the skin and have a smaller font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a new project and imported my .css file and generated the webhelp file using RH10. The same issues - the generated help file is not viewing my .css file.

I have IE8 brower and Windows 7 operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2013 Jun 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the Contact page on my site and send me the new project. I assume you just created one or two test topics.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I was able to make the .CSS behave in my test project that I sent you earlier today. I tried several different settings, etc.. but this worked: I right-clicked the .css in the Project Manager and created a new Baggage File, generated and it worked! Ok....now I have to try this in the mega huge 'real' project.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Thank-you,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your problem is because you are generating to a network drive. You should generate to a local drive and publish to a network drive.

I changed your start page in the project you sent to index.htm as I don't like having a start page with the same name as a topic and generated to a local drive.

Works fine. Correct formatting.

Also I would avoid spaces in a CSS file name.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Success! I right-clicked on the .CSS file and selected New>Baggage File... and after generating the styles were working. I don't know where those other styles were coming from but the baggage file fixed this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp