• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question number

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2007 Feb 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a Newbie, I am starting to generate questions. I have generated 2 questions in my project and it tellls me the first is question 1 and the second, question 2. Fine. However, when I review in a browser, the first is presented as question 2 and the second, question 3. The summary also states that there are 3 questions when there are only 2. Why has Captivate added another question number when there are only 2 questions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

You probably have a click box object somewhere in your slides. One way to determine this as well as correct the issue, is to press the F9 key (assuming here that you are using version 2) and look at the Advanced Interaction dialog. Once you see this dialog, look at the column labeled "Track score". You should see some check boxes. The errant Click Box object should be listed here. Just DE-select the check box and click the Close button to dismiss the Advanced Interaction dialog. Then check your project again and I'll bet you see a more accurate report on the number of questions.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2007 Feb 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick-

I am having the same problem and I pressed F9 as you suggested and under track score, four click boxes are present and selected. Do I deselect all of them?

Rita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rita

You should DE-select any of them that you do not want to be factored into the equation when your score is calculated. Most of the time, you could care less about tracking clicks on click box objects. So I might DE-select them all. But it all depends on if you have a need to actually count that the user did click in the right spot.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rick-
I deselected them all and it worked. Thank you!!

I am still stuck on how to allow the user to choose one of two correct answers on a question and how to give partial credit when user chooses 1 or 2 correct choices and 3/4 make the question answered completely correct. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick for your prompt reply. Yes I did have a Click box and all works fine when I deleted it. However, I cannot now stop a slide from moving on to a question slide. Even putting a button with continue when clicked does not stop the movie from running on when I want me user to read what is on one slide and perhaps view an image in detail before moving on to another slide. This appears to be a strange ommission from the program, ie the ability to move from slide to slide when it is not a question slide. Is this facility possible in Captivate 2?

I am using Captivate 1.
regards

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Steve

Your post is puzzling on a couple of different levels. First, I never suggested deleting the click box. Only adjusting its behavior so that it no longer reported scoring.

Secondly, yours is the second post I've seen in as many days where it is being reported that a button no longer pauses the slide and the slide just continues merrily along. I'm confused because the very nature of Button and Click Box objects is to pause the slide until the user interacts. (However, you can also disable this behavior-but that would be a manual process I'm pretty certain you aren't performing) I'm wondering if you adjusted the button timing so it appeared perhaps .1 seconds after the slide started, if you would see a change.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you about how a button should work but in Captivate it does not stop the movie from continuing, even if you delay the appearance of that button on the slide and even if you put continue when pressed in the behaiour box. With respect to the click box, I have changed its behaviour so that it is not included in the quiz. This sorts out the question number problem but the slide does not stop and runs onto the next. As I said, there is no way in Captivate 1 you can stop the sequence of slides being displayed unless you have a click box which must be incorporated into a quiz.

This inability to stop a slide sequence at will, frankly stops me considering Captivate for my Elearning software platform.

regards
Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Steve

Interesting points. So you are saying that if you adjust the click box properties so it doesn't report, it no longer pauses the slide. Right? And the same with Buttons?

Is there any way you can share the project with me so I can see first hand the behavior? It's not that I don't believe you. It's more that oftentimes until we see something first hand, something becomes obvious and clear whereby it was somewhat hidden between the lines before.

Also, I can't help but to notice you mention Captivate 1. Are you indeed using this version or is it version 2? And if it's version 2, is the project one that began life in Version 1 and was upgraded to a version 2 project?

Note that whether you continue with Captivate or not is irrelevant to me. I have no financial interest in attempting to coax you to remain with Captivate or switch. I simply want to assist you with the issues if I can. Well, that and the fact I love the product dearly.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem Rick, I an very gratefull for your help. In respect of my comments about not using Captivate, this was not some form of inducement to get reaction but a statement about how important such a feature of stopping the movie is to me or anyone developing Elearning for their students. Captivate is great and does a lot but appears not to do the most simplest of things such as being able to stop a slide.

Anyway, enough of my waffle, how can I send you my file?

regards

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Rick, I forgot to add that my file was developed in Captivate 1 and is still a Captivate 1 file. I have no intention of moving to Captivate 2 at this time.

regards

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2007 Feb 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, I have managed to sort out the problem. I have put in a click box and started it 0.5 seconds after the slide has started. Similar to your recommendation for the button. The question number is now correct. I think the program could be a little clunky with this aspect of pausing the playhead.
Is Captivate 2 more robust in this aspect?

Regards

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources