• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does one need to reinstall a ColdFusion hotfixes if it is updated after local installation

May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to installing hotfixes in our ColdFusion installation.  The hotfixes have been installed successfully, but I have noticed that on the Adobe Security bulletins and advisories web page that a hotfix can be updated days or weeks after it was originally posted.  What does this mean if the hotfix was updated After you have already installed it?   Do you have to reinstall the hotfix?  Or is this some sort of other update (comments, documentation, etc. ) that does not affect the installation.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your post. The hotfixes/security bulletins can be applied as and when Adobe releases them. You only need to install "a" hotfixes/security bulletins once. We keep on releasing new hotfixes/security bulletins as per the vulnerabilities and security threats. So whenever a new hotfixe/security bulletin is released, Adobe recommends their user to apply the same.

Let me know, in case you have any concerns further.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anit,

OK, great. I have only been installing an individual hotfix once so that is good to hear.  Thanks for the help.

Out of curiosity though, do you know what is updated when the “Last Updated” date is different from the “Originally Posted” date (I know it doesn’t affect the actual installation now)?  For example APSB13-03 was originally posted on 1/15/13, we implemented it on 2/4/13, but it has a last update date of 3/14/13.

Thanks again,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

Here is the link http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-security-hotfix-apsb13-13.html to the latest security hotfix released by Adobe.

Here is the link http://www.adobe.com/support/security/#coldfusion to all the Security bulletins for ColdFusion.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already had the links.  Wasn't the question.  Thanks anyway.  Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

I got your concern. The Security Bulletin was released on January 15, 2013. Further, we added security hardening recommendations to Solution section on March 14, 2013. Thus it shows, "Last updated: March 14, 2013"

Is that what, you are looking for.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anit,

Yes, that answers the quesiton.  Thank you for the follow up.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation