• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading to 4.7 breaks old projects. Stick with 4.5?

Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Flash Builder 4.7 and found that many of my projects are now broken. Many of my projects require a previous overlay of the AIR SDK and that doesn't seem possible with 4.7. For those projects should I stick with 4.5?

For the projects where I don't need to overlay an older AIR SDK, I see some of the following warnings:

The definition mx.core.ByteArrayAsset...could not be found

The definition mx.core.FontAsset ...could not be found

The definition mx.core.MovieClipAsset ...could not be found

The definition mx.utils.Base64Encoder ...could not be found

I checked my code and these "definitions" don't seem to be explicitly mentioned. What the heck did they do with 4.7?!

Should I skip 4.7 and stay with 4.5?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous overlay meaning downgrading your AIR SDK? If that is the case, probably stick with 4.5 if you don't want to go through the pain of migrating them to the newer SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might stick with 4.5 for th projects where I have to overlay an older AIR SDK (downgrade the AIR SDK).

However, what about the dependacy errors I am getting for the other projects which is okay to use the latest and greatest? Why is everything broken?

How can I fix many of these issues? The FontAsset issue should have been fixed by now: @see https://twitter.com/thibault_imbert/status/244647652099231744

Here's a good article I found regarding the 4.7 upgrade:

http://sleepydesign.blogspot.com/2012/10/asc20-workaround-for-flash-builder-47.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you find a solution to this? Im having exactly the same problems but ive upgraded from 4.6 to 4.7.

I want to use 4.6 but you cant buy a serial for it...so i bought a serial for 4.7 (which you cant use on 4.6!!)...4.7 breaks every project i have and i cant overlay Air 3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines